[User error] Master Power not working in channel

VK3KYY

Re: [User error] Master Power not working in channel

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:06 pm

N6JPH wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:43 pm
I wish I could shove it off to the other VFO but I know thats not capable yet or I haven't figured it out.
Please explain ?

VFO's A and B are just glorified channels, i.e channels with one additional parameter which is the step size

Everything else is the same as a regular channel

N6JPH

Post by N6JPH » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:09 pm

I can only see 1 VFO at a time on mine. So I'm thinking I'm missing something somewhere in the radio to enable VFO-B. I've seen the multi watch option in the documents but I'm not seeing that in the radio so I'm thinking that I'm over looking it or something.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:39 pm

N6JPH wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:09 pm
I can only see 1 VFO at a time on mine. So I'm thinking I'm missing something somewhere in the radio to enable VFO-B. I've seen the multi watch option in the documents but I'm not seeing that in the radio so I'm thinking that I'm over looking it or something.
Sorry to keep saying this.

But this IS documented in the USER GUIDE under the VFO section

https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... ion-a-or-b

N6JPH

Post by N6JPH » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:49 pm

Its ok I fully understand, as I work in IT all day and I ask people did you read the docs? I promise you I did read them I guess I just didn't understand them well enough. I'm used to understanding that when we say VFO mode it was meant to mean that its in individual frequency specifying mode. But when I'm in zone mode it doesn't give me the option to specify a channel for VFO-A/B or I'm just not understanding the doc well enough. I really do appreciate your time with this and I'm trying not to be a did you RTFM type of guy.

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:17 am

I think you are refering to the fact that the original firmware appeared to support two frequencies or channels at the same time. In fact the radio only has one receiver so it was always scanning between the two.
OpenGD77 does not support this. Only one channel or VFO frequency can be selected at a time. If you need to monitor more then you need to use the scanning features.

Colin G4EML

N6JPH

Post by N6JPH » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:25 am

No worries, I was just trying to think of how to put aprs on one while I use the other for qso. But I don't think that's possible and it's no problem when I want to do aprs I'll just tune in over there.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:55 am

N6JPH wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:25 am
No worries, I was just trying to think of how to put aprs on one while I use the other for qso. But I don't think that's possible and it's no problem when I want to do aprs I'll just tune in over there.
The firmware does not have functionality to change to a different Channel or VFO to transmit APRS.

You can set one VFO to have APRS on it and not on the other VFO, but it won't transmit until you change to the VFO which has APRS enabled.
Same also applies to channels

N6JPH

Post by N6JPH » Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:30 pm

Thank you VK3KYY I appreciate all of your help with this thread. Really enjoying the MD9600. Now to figure out the optimal APRS power setting. When I have it at 40W it screws with my wireless andorid auto dongle lol. So I set it to 25W which is probably fine for the metro areas but out where I live in the valley of the mountains we have various hills that block my transmission. Either that or its time to add a APRS reciever out here at my place in addition to my DMR repeater. That might be a better solution, only problem is I plan to move from here in the near future so is it worth it.