Microphone Keypad Entry

KJ5AJU

Microphone Keypad Entry

Post by KJ5AJU » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:36 pm

I found in the forums a pinout for the RJ45 Microphone and a schematic showing the resistor array setup. It's my understanding one Pin indicates row of pushed button and another pin the column. So I assume there is an ADC built into the radio. Can anyone confirm this and does anyone know if it's a 6bit, 8bit, 12bit, etc ADC? I am working on an idea for emulating the Keypresses and would like to match the ADC type with a corresponding DAC (6bit, 8bit, etc). Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael Balderas
KJ5AJU

KJ5AJU

Re: Microphone Keypad Entry

Post by KJ5AJU » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:45 pm

I resolved this and have it working via an ESP32 for remote changing the channels.

VK3KYY

Re: Microphone Keypad Entry

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:51 pm

KJ5AJU wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:45 pm
I resolved this and have it working via an ESP32 for remote changing the channels.
OK

Yes. It does use an ADC in the radio, but the whole system is not that reliable.

If the mic plug doesn't make very good contact, then the mic buttons don't work.

BTW

Colin G4ELM developed a remote head system for the MD9600, this sends data via high speed serial, and is supported by the firmware, so possibly you may want to leverage that functionality

I can't remember the protocol, you'd need to download the source code and look in the mic / keypad handing code