Audio from another TG came in

N4PRB

Audio from another TG came in

Post by N4PRB » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:48 pm

I only have 4 days operating my MD-9600 with Opengd77 and I am really very pleased.

I have noticed something peculiar in the radio and I would like to know if there is someone else with the same symptom. When I operate the radio using a hotspot it works perfectly fine. When using the radio with the repeater near my QTH, occasionally I start receiving audio from other TG's, including TG's that I don't have programmed in memory. At the top of the radio screen I see the first set of characters with a black background (TG ID or callsign). I hear this audio reception even after pressing the PTT in Disconnect. It is worth mentioning that I was using the radio in another city repeater and I did not have the same problem.

Could it be something related to the repeater in my city or some setting that I should correct in the radio? Any comment will be appreciated.

73's by N4PRB = Angel

W9YA

Re: Audio from another TG came in

Post by W9YA » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:10 pm

Read The Fine Manual

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:17 pm

Opengd77 is normally in "monitor' mode, user filter settings to filter traffic.

https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... .md#filter

N4PRB

Post by N4PRB » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:55 am

SA0BUX wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:17 pm

Thanks for your prompt and straight to the point reply. I've checked the DMR Filter parameters and it was set for NONE. I suppose that is the way it should be. Once again thank you very much for share your thoughts.

Regards,

Angel N4PRB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:18 am

N4PRB wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:55 am
SA0BUX wrote:

Thanks for your prompt and straight to the point reply. I've checked the DMR Filter parameters and it was set for NONE. I suppose that is the way it should be. Once again thank you very much for share your thoughts.

Regards,

Angel N4PRB
By default you will hear everything. You need to turn on filtering if this is not what you want.

This differs from the official firmware which is designed for commercial users who normally don't configure their own radios, and where their employer sets the TG's they can receive.

In Ham radio by its very nature, we expect to receive everything.

N4PRB

Post by N4PRB » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:08 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:18 am
N4PRB wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:55 am
SA0BUX wrote:

Regards,

Angel N4PRB
By default you will hear everything. You need to turn on filtering if this is not what you want.

This differs from the official firmware which is designed for commercial users who normally don't configure their own radios, and where their employer sets the TG's they can receive.

In Ham radio by its very nature, we expect to receive everything.

VK3KYY,

Thanks for your explanation. It makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your time to explain ad patience with this noobie. Finally the radio is working without any audio from another TG.

Thx again, 73's.

Angel