MD9600 regression to stock firmware clarification

G4EML

Re: MD9600 regression to stock firmware clarification

Post by G4EML » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:41 am

Step 6 should not be necessary. OpenGD77 does not change the calibration table.

Otherwise the rest looks OK.

A few people have found that the radio appears to be locked and asks for a password after restoring the official firmware. If that happens (it is more likely if you did not restore the flash) then you need to change the official CPS to ignore the password and then upload your codeplug.

Exit from the CPS
Find the CPS folder and edit the file settings.ini
Change 'password=0' to 'password=password'
Save the file
Restart the CPS.

Colin

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:28 am

I think that was just added as a safety net in case anything happened accidentally to the calibration data. In practice we don't deliberately change it. Even when we release the new calibration menu we will be working on a copy of the data and not the original factory version.

Colin.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:35 pm

We can probably remove the calibration backup from the instructions

It was added before we were 100% sure we would not corrupt that data

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:39 am

cjspider wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:11 pm
Hi i have restored my md9600 back to stock after loading opengd77 firmware
But after restoring as by list above I am unable to transmit or retrieve anything, it will transmit as I can see the power on the meter just can’t hear anything at the other end and when transmitting from another radio it’s not receiving the transmission

Can anyone help?

Thanks
You did not re-install the official firmware version that matches your radio hardware.

Even if you received a CD with the MD-9600 official firmware with you radio, it often does not contain the correct official firmware.

I had this problem and emialed TYT and they sent me another official firmware version, but that was also wrong, and the radio would not transmit and receive

In the case of MD-9600 V4A and V5 PCB hardware revisions, the only official firmware which works is the one we use for the 'donor' file, which can be download from PassionRadio in France

If you have an older version of PCB / Hardware, look at the list of official firmwares in the Installation post

https://opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2035

Possibly one of those official verions may work with your hardware