V1 9600 (CSV) com port present but not working in codeplug mode (DFU still works)

G4EML

Re: V1 9600 (CSV) com port present but not working in codeplug mode (DFU still works)

Post by G4EML » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:23 pm

Someone recently reported that they fixed a similar problem by forcing windows to assign a different com port number. In your case it has auto assigned COM3 but that might be conflicting with a previous device.

To change the port you need to open windows hardware manager. Find the openGD77 comport. Then select advanced and change the com port number to something unused. Possibly a higher number like 10.

Colin G4EML.

G4EML

Re: V1 9600 (CSV) com port present but not working in codeplug mode (DFU still works)

Post by G4EML » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:29 am

We have had the same problem described by a few people in the past. It now looks like changing the com port number might be the answer.

Maybe if a com port number has been used before by a different piece of hardware there are some remnants of the old driver which conflict with the OpenGD77 driver.
The com port number is automatically allocated by windows, I don't think the driver installer has any control over what number is assigned.

Maybe we should tell people to manually change the com port to something like com77 which is unlikely to have ever been used before.

Colin.

PU2PWR

Post by PU2PWR » Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:43 am

Good morning... in my case I decided to do a partial reset on the radio, soon after it returned to normal...