RT-90 Timeslot Filter

DL2CC

RT-90 Timeslot Filter

Post by DL2CC » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:31 pm

I am using a RT-90 with the latest OpenGD77 firmware of September 2022.
It seems there maybe is a bug with the Timeslot Filter. I've noticed that it doesn't always work as expected.
I assume it should be filtering out transmissions on another timeslot than what is displayed in the top display line or not. If I do not have DMR nor TS filter active the radio should behave like a promiscous mode monitor on other radios.
However, sometimes it see the repeater transmitting but not hearing anything on the radio. When I go into the orange button menu, confirm the filter setting as TS filter off, I suddenly hear the traffic.

Also, the other way around, I've had transmissions on TS1 blocking my receiving of TS2, even though the TS filter was switched to ON.

Also I've noticed that it seems the TS is displayed wrong sometimes - I am right now listening to TG91 which is static on the repeater on TS1. However, the display shows "TG 91 TS2". Looking at the Brandmeister repeater info, TG91 is not openend as dynamic group so really should be TS1.

It's a bit hard to describe and do reliable tests, I'll gladly do more testing - but - anybody else noticed this behaviour on the MD-9600/RT-90?

Maybe this is all an error on my side?

Frank

VK3KYY

Re: RT-90 Timeslot Filter

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:23 am

DL2CC wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:31 pm
I am using a RT-90 with the latest OpenGD77 firmware of September 2022.
It seems there maybe is a bug with the Timeslot Filter. I've noticed that it doesn't always work as expected.
I assume it should be filtering out transmissions on another timeslot than what is displayed in the top display line or not. If I do not have DMR nor TS filter active the radio should behave like a promiscous mode monitor on other radios.
However, sometimes it see the repeater transmitting but not hearing anything on the radio. When I go into the orange button menu, confirm the filter setting as TS filter off, I suddenly hear the traffic.

Also, the other way around, I've had transmissions on TS1 blocking my receiving of TS2, even though the TS filter was switched to ON.

Also I've noticed that it seems the TS is displayed wrong sometimes - I am right now listening to TG91 which is static on the repeater on TS1. However, the display shows "TG 91 TS2". Looking at the Brandmeister repeater info, TG91 is not openend as dynamic group so really should be TS1.

It's a bit hard to describe and do reliable tests, I'll gladly do more testing - but - anybody else noticed this behaviour on the MD-9600/RT-90?

Maybe this is all an error on my side?

Frank

The firmware does not show the Rx TS, it always shows the Tx TS.