Interesting scan behavior

F1RMB

Re: Interesting scan behavior

Post by F1RMB » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:38 am

On a DMR channel ?

While scanning a DMR channel, it's based the HR-C6000 state, maybe it get confused by C4FM, as in normal condition when stumbling on a DMR channel, it make few checks (like TS), set a short pause, and if in this small time window the Audio amp opens, it sets the timer timeout value (30s here). otherwise once the short pause ends, it will jump to the next channel.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:38 am

F1RMB wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:38 am
On a DMR channel ?

While scanning a DMR channel, it's based the HR-C6000 state, maybe it get confused by C4FM, as in normal condition when stumbling aon a DMR channel, it make few checks (like TS), set a short pause, and if in this small time window the Audio amp opens, it sets the timer timeout value (30s here). otherwise once the short pause ends, it will jump to the next channel.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
I Daniel

Check you phone, I sent you a video

AA3RP

Post by AA3RP » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:31 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:21 am
Hi Daniel

I think my MD9600 is exhibiting this problem when scanning.

There is a local multimode repeater

The scan biefly stops on that channel, but its normally not transmitting DMR, I think its transmitting YSF, and I've noticed the scan holds briefly while the firmware checks whether the signal is DMR, and then the scan continues to the next channel, which has no signal, and then it changes to the next channel and then Pauses

So on my scan its pausing on the YSF channel +2 when there a signal on the YSF channel.

I don't knwo if it happens under any other conditions.

BTW. I'm not 100% sure the YSF channel is YSF, it may be some other digital mode.
I took some time to watch my MD9600 scanning today and I twice had a similar event as you describe. Both times when stopping on a DMR repeater, but mine where once with a very short TX then drop and it jumps channels.

I saw this mostly with an initial stop on a DMR repeater listing but one time had it happen on an Analog repeater. The Repeater was giving out its ID and did so first in voice, then drops carrier and comes back up giving ID via audio morse. When the carrier dropped it jump to the following scan listing.

Thank you for your work and efforts on this

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:47 am

AA3RP wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:31 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
Hi Daniel

The scan biefly stops on that channel, but its normally not transmitting DMR, I think its transmitting YSF, and I've noticed the scan holds briefly while the firmware checks whether the signal is DMR, and then the scan continues to the next channel, which has no signal, and then it changes to the next channel and then Pauses

So on my scan its pausing on the YSF channel +2 when there a signal on the YSF channel.

BTW. I'm not 100% sure the YSF channel is YSF, it may be some other digital mode.
I took some time to watch my MD9600 scanning today and I twice had a similar event as you describe. Both times when stopping on a DMR repeater, but mine where once with a very short TX then drop and it jumps channels.

I saw this mostly with an initial stop on a DMR repeater listing but one time had it happen on an Analog repeater. The Repeater was giving out its ID and did so first in voice, then drops carrier and comes back up giving ID via audio morse. When the carrier dropped it jump to the following scan listing.

We can replicate the bug

Daniel has sent me a fix for it, but it currently causes the scan to pause on the channel 2 after the channel which the non-DMR signal was being received on.

Ideally I'd like to have a better fix for this, but I may release this as an interim fix.

AA3RP

Post by AA3RP » Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:01 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:47 am
AA3RP wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:31 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
Hi Daniel

We can replicate the bug

Daniel has sent me a fix for it, but it currently causes the scan to pause on the channel 2 after the channel which the non-DMR signal was being received on.

Ideally I'd like to have a better fix for this, but I may release this as an interim fix.
There is no rush from me. I am just glad you can reproduce the situation. As Churchill stated "A problem clearly defined is a problem 1/2 solved". Take the time you need. This firmware even in Alpha is heads and shoulders above the factory and most other radios.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:27 am

AA3RP wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:01 am
There is no rush from me. I am just glad you can reproduce the situation. As Churchill stated "A problem clearly defined is a problem 1/2 solved". Take the time you need. This firmware even in Alpha is heads and shoulders above the factory and most other radios.

No worries

Any bug that we can reproduce on demand its normally fixable.

Bugs which are intermittent, and seem to have no definite trigger, or which we can't reproduce at all, are really hard to fix.

9a3lj

Post by 9a3lj » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:19 pm

Is it known when a stable version of the hardware will be released?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:43 pm

9a3lj wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:19 pm
Is it known when a stable version of the hardware will be released?
Hardware?

We don't make this radio

9a3lj

Post by 9a3lj » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:12 am

Sorry I meant the firmware stable version?
Thanks 9A3lj-OE4GZC

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:15 am

9a3lj wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:12 am
Sorry I meant the firmware stable version?
Thanks 9A3lj-OE4GZC
Impossibly to know for sure, probably months before the firmware will be stable.

The GD77 took over 2 years of development to become stable