MD-9600 / RT-90 Installation

UB3DIL

Re: Installation information

Post by UB3DIL » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:13 pm

Hello fellow developers! Can you explain to me why the new firmware for md9600 JA_MD9600_firmware_V5HW.bin is filled with garbage from user settings and is a banal dump merged from an experienced transceiver?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:22 pm

UB3DIL wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:13 pm
md9600 JA_MD9600_firmware_V5HW.bin

JA versions are the Japanese version.

If you are not Japanese you should probably use the normal version

Bin files are the direct output from the compiler / linker

UB3DIL

Post by UB3DIL » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:47 pm

The version is not Japanese, but with Japanese language support, judging by the description on your forum. Those are two big differences. bin file, I know what it is and where it comes from. The question was different: "Why does the latest firmware update file contain user edits?"
The new firmware should not have this. The file looks like a clone merged from someone else's radio station.
About 20 or 30 channels are driven in randomly or frequencies. On some channels, there is a ban on transmission or a tone on reception is turned on. It is necessary to clean all this before posting on the forum. People will get confused and ask a lot of questions. When an update arrives on your phone, there are no other people's photos and unfamiliar numbers there, aren't there?

YT5HOK

Post by YT5HOK » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:34 pm

UB3DIL wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:47 pm
The version is not Japanese, but with Japanese language support, judging by the description on your forum. Those are two big differences. bin file, I know what it is and where it comes from. The question was different: "Why does the latest firmware update file contain user edits?"
The new firmware should not have this. The file looks like a clone merged from someone else's radio station.
About 20 or 30 channels are driven in randomly or frequencies. On some channels, there is a ban on transmission or a tone on reception is turned on. It is necessary to clean all this before posting on the forum. People will get confused and ask a lot of questions. When an update arrives on your phone, there are no other people's photos and unfamiliar numbers there, aren't there?
If it is the first time you flashed OpenGD77/OpenMD9600 there will be some "trash" in the radio, until you upload your codeplug. So, you should have it prepared to upload right after FW.

BTW, watch your attitude. We can't see you, or hear you, so you must take care how you write and how it "sounds" to others.

UB3DIL

Post by UB3DIL » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:21 pm

BTW, watch your attitude. We can't see you, or hear you, so you must take care how you write and how it "sounds" to others.

What do you mean by your statement?

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:31 pm

The firmware doesn't contain any "user data", neither settings or codeplug.

After flashing your MD9600 for the first time, read the codeplug with the CPS software, check everything, flash it back to your radio.

I also think you need to read the user guide
https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... r_Guide.md

Next, as YT5HOK mentionned, your messages from this one:
Hello fellow developers! Can you explain to me why the new firmware for md9600 JA_MD9600_firmware_V5HW.bin is filled with garbage from user settings and is a banal dump merged from an experienced transceiver?
are quite nonsensical (and a bit harsh).

Cheers.
---
Daniel

UB3DIL

Post by UB3DIL » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:54 pm

I explain the situation when switching from factory firmware to opengd77. When reprogramming from opengd77 to opengd77, this is no longer observed. The radio when it came to me from the factory was not programmed, which was confirmed by the factory CPS. When I switched to opengd77 firmware for my station,
then after reading already opengd77 CPS, I displayed about 20 zones and about the same number of channels. When trying to transmit on some channels, there was a ban, as evidenced by the inscription ERROR RX only. VOX was activated in the properties of some channels and the station switched to transmitting when speaking loudly without pressing PTT.
How else would you explain it all?

I also want to help in the development of a project in the field of programming with some experience in this area and resources. If you accept my offer and agree let me know. Do not be offended by harsh statements, constructive criticism is different ...

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:16 pm

Did you read the first post in this thread
After the Flash backup is complete. Upload your normal OpenGD77 codeplug to the MD9600, you can also upload Voice Prompts, Satellite data and DMR ID's.
The official md9600 codeplug format is not supported

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:36 pm

As Daniel and Roger have explained, openGD77 uses a totally different codeplug format for its channels and zones compared to the factory firmware.

When you first load openGD77 into a radio it will see the data left over from the original firmware and try to interpret this as the codeplug. However this data is in the wrong format so it will not be decoded correctly.

You must load a new GD77 format codeplug into the radio before it can be used.

TA5AZ

Post by TA5AZ » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:02 pm

https://www.passion-radio.com/index.php ... chment=760
the link is not working. where can i download it thanks