Open MD9600 timeslot problems

g0faj

Open MD9600 timeslot problems

Post by g0faj » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:13 pm

I recently purchased a TYT MD 9600 which had the TYT firmware . I have recently changed this to Open MD9600 and it generally works very well, but I have a problem with it. I have used version R2023.05.08.01 CPS and the donor for the DMR Codec and am using the firmware for version 2. My MD9600 has a version v2.1 in it so am using the appropriate V2 firmware , but when using it on DMR, I have to manually switch the timeslot between TS1 and TS2 when changing DMR repeater channels using the P4 button on the rig. I am assuming I have done something daft, but I dont know what. I dont know a great deal about programming and have followed the installation notes to change over to Open MD9600. Can anyone help as I would like to be able to get the 9600 to change timeslots when I change channel. It might be something that needs changing in the 9600 itself, but Im not sure... I have a couple of GD77s that are working as they should with the Open GD77 software. Thankyou in advance. 73 de Les G0FAJ

F1RMB

Re: Open MD9600 timeslot problems

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:27 pm

Hi,

Maybe you overrode the TS, using P4/Star.
Long press P4/Star will clear the TS override.

Cheers
---
Daniel

W9YA

Post by W9YA » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:01 pm

If the TS is being "overrode" you can see this by setting "Menu-> Options->Display Options->Info to "BOTH". ( I recommend using the "BOTH" setting ALWAYS.)

es vy 73 de "baab" w9ya
F1RMB wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:27 pm
Hi,

Maybe you overrode the TS, using P4/Star.
Long press P4/Star will clear the TS override.

Cheers
---
Daniel

R2BBS

Post by R2BBS » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:44 am

g0faj wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:13 pm
Can anyone help as I would like to be able to get the 9600 to change timeslots when I change channel.
I have the same problem.
CPS specifies both the timeslot and the power. But when changing the channel in radio, these settings are not applied. It is very inconvenient, you have to manually set both the power and the timeslot every time you change the channel. I'll try to update the firmware to the latest version, maybe it will help.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:28 am

No, you just have to read the manual, manual TS override has the highest priority.
Set options-> display options -> info to both.
About power settings, master power is used, unless power per channel is defined.

VE4HTO

Post by VE4HTO » Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:16 pm

I have seen the same behavior.
While playing around with some settings within my CP, it seem to me that the TS setting in the contact has the highest priority, it will overide the setting in a channel.
That means to me if i use the TG for my local area on a local repeater it is required to be on TS1, if i use the same TG on a repeater in the other area it need to be TS2 since for those is TS1 their local TG (a different one). Would it make more sense to have the higher priority in the channel instead of
within the contact?
So i have always watch (and adjust) the TS if i switch to the other repeater/ channel, this IMHO defeat the purpose of having channels setup with all the repeater data needed.
Can anyone confirm if my observation is correct and this is the behavior by design or else? just wondering...

Thanks for the great work on this project!

73 Norbert VE4HTO

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:42 am

Hi,
VE4HTO wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:16 pm
I have seen the same behavior.
While playing around with some settings within my CP, it seem to me that the TS setting in the contact has the highest priority, it will overide the setting in a channel.
That means to me if i use the TG for my local area on a local repeater it is required to be on TS1, if i use the same TG on a repeater in the other area it need to be TS2 since for those is TS1 their local TG (a different one). Would it make more sense to have the higher priority in the channel instead of
within the contact?
So i have always watch (and adjust) the TS if i switch to the other repeater/ channel, this IMHO defeat the purpose of having channels setup with all the repeater data needed.
Can anyone confirm if my observation is correct and this is the behavior by design or else? just wondering...

Thanks for the great work on this project!

73 Norbert VE4HTO
The Contact's TS IS an override, and is optional.
By design, the TS override priorities are:
  • Channel (lowest)
  • Contact(higher)
  • Manual [Star key](highest)
So, if you really want to set a TS in a specific contact, do it, but you will have to create another identical contact with a different TS set or manually override that Contact's TS each time you need it.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VE4HTO

Post by VE4HTO » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:37 pm

Hi Daniel,
thanks for the clarification, the manual wasn't that clear about this specific item or the "best practice" for writing a codeplug... (or i didn't dig deep enough 8-) )

73 Norbert VE4HTO