Alpha version available for download

VK3KYY

Re: Alpha version available for download

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:33 am

Don't use Button Remap, as that function is being removed as most people find it confusing.

However, I know it did not make any difference in your case

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:52 am

If it also does it with the buttons than it doesn’t look like a hardware problem. It is odd that it behaves differently in FM mode.

I will have to have a closer look at the code, but I can’t at the moment think why it is behaving like that.

Colin.

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:06 am

I can’t find anything in the code that would cause what you are seeing. There is nothing in the quick menu that should behave differently in FM or DMR.

There should be a new release of the firmware soon. We haven’t made any changes aimed at your problem but please try it anyway to see if the symptoms have changed.

Colin.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:43 am

There is a new Alpha version available

https://opengd77.com/downloads/MD9600/F ... caa6ba1c3c

There is a new version type, Version 1, added by Colin to support early V2 radios, which do not have the low pass filter in series with the backlight display.

Version 2 hardware owners should initially use the V2 version, however if the backlight dimming does not work correctly, you should try the V1 version.

Colin has changed the way the backlight dimming works, so that the backlight PWM tone should no longer be audible, however due to component tolerances, some radios may not dim below 30% except to go completely off, or may not be fully illuminated unless the backlight is set to 100%

We may be able to add another setting to allow operators to adjust for the difference in components in the backlight circuit at a later date.

Also, in this version , holding P3 when turning on the radio, resets the settings (Thanks to Daniel F1RMB)
Last Heard can also be cleared by holding # when on the Last Heard screen
DMR Rx AGC gain audio level is now adjustable, when DMR Rx audio AGC is enabled.
CC Scan function has been bug fixed by Daniel F1RMB and reinstated
Option has been added to ignore invalid DMR CRC values, (by Daniel F1RMB), which may help when receiving some non-ham signals.
Rx Beep has been added by Daniel F1RMB. (See the Sound options. The "Talker" setting relates only to DMR.)
Updates to Spanish and Catalan languages.

New voice prompts are also available

https://opengd77.com/downloads/MD9600/VoicePrompts/

Note these voice prompts only work with the latest Alpha and don't work with the GD77

OZ1MAX

Post by OZ1MAX » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:45 am

Using V2 Buzzer tone seems to be gone tnx ... further test is ongoing ;) :D :D

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:30 am

Martin, I am not sure what fixed your problem, but happy that it has. I suspect it may have been something strange to do with the key remapping which has now been removed.

Colin.

DJ0HF

Post by DJ0HF » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:49 pm

Hi,

am I the only one noticing it but on my RT90 with the new version from 31.3.2022 when the carrier drops on DMR the S-Meter bar across the screen does not always return to the normal condition about half way across the screen but stays at full screen width even though the carrier is no longer there. Haven't checked on FM yet.

Ian
Dj0HF/G3ULO

ON6XX

Post by ON6XX » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:28 pm

Hi,
Same issue with the S-meter bar with V1 and V2 on this side. With V1, the power button does not work (on off).

73 Patrick

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:23 pm

Hi,

about the stuck RSSI meter, bug found and fixed (my bad).

Cheers.
---
Daniel

DH5AAV

Post by DH5AAV » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:35 pm

the green power button does not work at V1...
the buzz-sound is completely removed...thanks

73 de Tom...DH5AAV