Warning to purchase from China

i4jxe

Warning to purchase from China

Post by i4jxe » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:24 am

I ordered an advertised DM1801, instead arrived to me a DR1801UV model,
unserviceable for flashing FW. At the switching on in the display appears "DM 1801"
that is not true. Inside is labelled DR1801UV (TNX to Baofeng for the good serious work).
I opened a complaint to PayPal, still ongoing after some weeks.
So to have (perhaps) my money back I must return the rig to Aliexpress
at my charge.
Always at my charge are the custom duties and VAT, not reimbursable.
The same happened to other friends of mine.
So beware of frauds.....
73 Gabriele, I4JXE

OE1MWW

Re: Warning to purchase from China

Post by OE1MWW » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:50 am

Gabriele,

- all deliveries from Aliexpress include VAT + other fees, because they joined the 'One Stop Shopping' of the EU.
You will find that on every offer, it says 'Price includes VAT' (Prezzo IVA inclusa) So there are absolutely no charges to be paid.

- many, if not all, sellers on Aliexpress state in their offer that this is the 'new model 1801 of 2022'

- we had many posts in this forum about that difference of the 'old' and 'new' model, even in the manual of GD77 is
a statement 'OpenDM1801 - VERSION 1 HARDWARE ONLY / OpenDM1801A /'

- complaining to PayPal is completely wrong, they just transfer the money. You can try to open a 'dispute' at Aliexpress web page.
Several user posted infos about that, even some could keep the 'new 1801' and got their money reimbursed.

So, I wonder why you missed all this info before you and your friends placed your order ?

73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang

i4jxe

Post by i4jxe » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:51 am

""all deliveries from Aliexpress include VAT + other fees, because they joined the 'One Stop Shopping' of the EU.
You will find that on every offer, it says 'Price includes VAT' (Prezzo IVA inclusa) So there are absolutely no charges to be paid.""

Not for me. I had to pay other 42,16 euro at the post officer for custom duties at the delivery. This, by the way, was specified in the oorder.
To your knowledge ALL the purchases coming from outside EU (UK comprised) are subject to custom duties and VAT. Only chinese item shipped from wharehouse in EU are not. From WHERE the item is shipped is specified in the order form (sometimes selectable, EU zone or China)

""- many, if not all, sellers on Aliexpress state in their offer that this is the 'new model 1801 of 2022'""

Not for me (maybe I got the lone crook ?). The offer in my case SPECIFIED of a "DM1801 original", and instead arrived a labelled DR1801UV dispalying DM1801 only in the display.
The reason why for this should be asked directly to Baofeng (but for sure is not correct).

""- we had many posts in this forum about that difference of the 'old' and 'new' model, even in the manual of GD77 is
a statement 'OpenDM1801 - VERSION 1 HARDWARE ONLY / OpenDM1801A /'""

Just because I've read the posts I have had to return the DR1801UV

"" complaining to PayPal is completely wrong, they just transfer the money. You can try to open a 'dispute' at Aliexpress web page.
Several user posted infos about that, even some could keep the 'new 1801' and got their money reimbursed.""

Instead II buy ONLY via Paypal. I have had some precedent dispute with different sellers, ALL ended well for me, complaining there. The lone way I instead used Google Pay I had to miss money.
In this case I contacted directly the Alyexpress support and they refused a rembourse of an item marked (by themselves) as NOT DELIVERED and NOT TRACEABLE
asking me for a proof (?) of not delivered...

A reply trying to help buyers from China...
Gabriele, I4JXE

OE1MWW

Post by OE1MWW » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:33 pm

i4jxe wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:51 am
""To your knowledge ALL the purchases coming from outside EU (UK comprised) are subject to custom duties and VAT.
Only chinese item shipped from wharehouse in EU are not."
Sorry, this is not correct. As soon as the shipper is registered with 'OSS', and Aliexpress and (Banggood) and therefore all their
shops & sellers are registered in OSS, the items bypass customs control. I had several dozen (!) orders from Aliexpress in the
year 2022. ALL OF THEM came direct from China. And all of them had been passing the customs control without any charge,
guess they bypass customs control at all, due to 'OSS' https://vat-one-stop-shop.ec.europa.eu/index_en

Yes, shops running warehouses in Europe, for faster delivery, but this has nothing to do with customs & VAT. Customs consider
'country of origin', customs don't care where it is shipped in transit in Europe, to collect fees - or as it is the case with Aliexpress,
items bypass due to registered at 'OSS'.

Sometimes Aliexpress collect several orders somewhere in China ;-) each in a bag, put them together into a big cover bag and ship
it to me - China-to-Austria, no customs fees etc. For every order you can download an invoice after they ship the item.
Look at 'Order Details' and 'Download Invoice'. The invoice contains info about VAT / IVA. This should be possible for your 1801 order too.

Since june this year, so ongoing since 3 month, we have 70 (!) posts in this thread titled "[Radio model not supported]
New Baofeng 1801 won't enter in upload mode"
Several infos + pictures been posted that the (old) 1801 is completely sold out,
because some chips used in the version 1 of the 1801 no longer available.

Now you tell us that there was no delivery confirmation (by you ?) and not traceable package? Seems to be a lot of misunderstanding
on both sides. First contact seller and open a 'dispute' on your order page, Aliexpress will step in and 'negotiate' with both parties.
Worked for me several times. Example: delivered a cap with different color, money back and I could keep the cap ;-)

And btw., the DR1801UV is not a 'fraud device' it's a 1801, optically and functionally identical to the hardware revision 1, no seller
ever guaranteed 'hardware compatibility for other firmware'. Unfortunately this is just a problem for you, because OpenGD77 can't be loaded.
There is a new board inside the 1801, a different chip set and therefore not compatible to load OpenGD77 firmware.
Picture in this forum of 16th of june this year https://opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=17 ... =30#p18846

You don't have to return the 1801. How about to keep it or sell it! Just accept this purchase and file it as 'life experience'.

Think we all understand your frustration, but this is neither 'fraud', nor do we need to post a "Warning to purchase from China",
because the change inside the 1801 is group-knowledge since several month.

73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang

i4jxe

Post by i4jxe » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:34 pm

To make this short, as there is a difficulty in communication between us....

When a seller PROMISE an item and send another, here we call this
A FRAUD, not a FAULT.

When Baofeng change radically a model's hardware maintening the same name in the display
it looks a bit confusing and definitely not correct, and for sure not usual to serious radio brands
as I may have experienced in 50 years of ham radio.

Ihe other FAULTY purchase from Aliexpress I mentioned, was referred to an OTHER item.
It was ever UNTRACKEABLE and always PENDING SHIPPING FROM THE SELLER ,
The dispute I opened with them, after two months or so, was closed without rembourse because, they said, I COULD NOT GIVE A TRIAL OF
AN ITEM NOT RECEIVED, where, I repeat, THE TRACKING OF THE SHIPPING WAS NOT AVAILABLE FROM THE SELLER...

And this is all, no more reply from me.
Sorry if I may have bothered someone (the purpose was an other)
Gabriele, I4JXE