Hotspot with DM1801: HD1 with a bad tx quality

Anything specifically related to the DM-1801 version of the firmware
IS0HYP

Hotspot with DM1801: HD1 with a bad tx quality

Post by IS0HYP » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 pm

Good evening to all.
I hope this would be the right section for my post.
As wrote on Subject i've got a boring issue with my new Ailunce HD1 GPS when i use it on my hotspot using a Baofeng DM1801 with OpenGD77 fw and a Pi-Star on Raspberry Pi3: who heard me tells that my modulation is so close, saturated, sometimes i lose some packet, simply it's very difficult and annoying to listen my talk. I can see a BER over 5%/6%, that's is so strange because with other radios there's no problem, no loss, no BER over 1, a great modulation; moreover HD1 works properly in other hotspots (tried with a GD77, with a MMDVM board on Pi-star and with 2 repeters) so i thought there's something like incompatibility between DM1801 (in HS mode) and this HD1. I hope i've explained all clearly despite my poor english. So, does anybody had same issues and could me take some opinion?
Thanks to all and 73

F1RMB

Re: Hotspot with DM1801: HD1 with a bad tx quality

Post by F1RMB » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:08 am

Hi,
IS0HYP wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 pm
Good evening to all.
I hope this would be the right section for my post.
As wrote on Subject i've got a boring issue with my new Ailunce HD1 GPS when i use it on my hotspot using a Baofeng DM1801 with OpenGD77 fw and a Pi-Star on Raspberry Pi3: who heard me tells that my modulation is so close, saturated, sometimes i lose some packet, simply it's very difficult and annoying to listen my talk. I can see a BER over 5%/6%, that's is so strange because with other radios there's no problem, no loss, no BER over 1, a great modulation; moreover HD1 works properly in other hotspots (tried with a GD77, with a MMDVM board on Pi-star and with 2 repeters) so i thought there's something like incompatibility between DM1801 (in HS mode) and this HD1. I hope i've explained all clearly despite my poor english. So, does anybody had same issues and could me take some opinion?
Thanks to all and 73
I would like to see the MMDVMHost log after "bad quality" transmission (you have a download button in the PiStar's "Live Logs" tab in the web interface).
Also, you may check the HD1's hotspot channel configuration, maybe it's related to a wrong setting, as you wrote that it works correctly with other radios.
Or the radio (HD1) is a bit off frequency.

Cheers.
---
Daniel