DMR TG Acting as if in Monitor Mode

kd2tzx

DMR TG Acting as if in Monitor Mode

Post by kd2tzx » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:35 am

I recently installed the CPS for OpenGD77 on my DMR-1801 and so far things look OK, but little issue on DMR.

I have my TalkGroups programmed and I have my successful contacts, however, this evening I noticed that the Talkgroups appear to be in a monitor mode or something as I am getting traffic on any of the TG if they are on the same Slot.

Is there a known issue with this or a bug or better yet a configuration I missed?

I am using the July 11 version at this time.
KD2TZX_1001_225010.zip
Codeplug
(7.42 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

VK3KYY

Re: DMR TG Acting as if in Monitor Mode

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:54 am

This is by design.

The radio will hear all traffic on that TS

If you don't want to hear all traffic change the filter

See

https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... .md#filter

kd2tzx

Post by kd2tzx » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:33 am

OK Great, I'll set that. Seems odd to do that by default. I was really confused at first like I did something wrong.

Thanks again...

CJ

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:14 am

kd2tzx wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:33 am
OK Great, I'll set that. Seems odd to do that by default. I was really confused at first like I did something wrong.

Thanks again...

CJ
Its not odd for Ham radio equipment to receive all signals on a given frequency.

It's just that everyone has been used to using locked down radios only designed for commercial use, which are designed to actively stop people hearing all traffic.

Note.

Don't disable CC filter. Its not really a filter, the hardware always filters by CC, but the function to disable the CC is a software algorithm developed by G4EML to make it appear that the CC filter is not present.

TS filter is similar but not quite the same. The radio hardware can't fully receive on both TS at the same time, and disabling the TS filter is also partially implemented by a software algorhythm.
However in the case of the TS, the hardware can partially receive on both TS at the same time, its just that there is no way to tell which TG is on which TS until the radio hardware is set to only one TS.
Hence disabling theTS filter is more usable than disabling the CC filter

oh1fss

Post by oh1fss » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:31 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:14 am
It's just that everyone has been used to using locked down radios only designed for commercial use, which are designed to actively stop people hearing all traffic.
Well said! :D

kd2tzx

Post by kd2tzx » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:33 am

Well if I am on one TG it is the one I want to listen to unless as in another radio type I put in Monitor mode to see what is going on. To me putting in a TG is a lot like putting in a CTSS or DCS, I just want to hear that traffic, but as long as I can get to the only hearing what I want on a TG then I should be OK.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:52 am

kd2tzx wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:33 am
Well if I am on one TG it is the one I want to listen to unless as in another radio type I put in Monitor mode to see what is going on. To me putting in a TG is a lot like putting in a CTSS or DCS, I just want to hear that traffic, but as long as I can get to the only hearing what I want on a TG then I should be OK.
Then enable the TG filtering, and it will work that way:
https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... .md#filter

kd2tzx

Post by kd2tzx » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:30 pm

I did indeed! :)