DM-1801 Discontinued?

Anything specifically related to the DM-1801 version of the firmware
M0JZX
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:25 pm

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by M0JZX » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:40 am

Many of the Alibaba resellers are still listing the DM-1801 despite having no stock and when you message them they just say: “not available”

I think the DM-1801 is finished now.

VK3KYY
Posts: 4537
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:55 am

M0JZX wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:40 am
Many of the Alibaba resellers are still listing the DM-1801 despite having no stock and when you message them they just say: “not available”

I think the DM-1801 is finished now.
These companies (Baufeng and TYT) will make whatever they can sell and make a profit on, but there is a minumum order value before they will bother to put the radio down the production line. The other problem is the parts shortage.

The 2 things combined may mean that the DM-1801 is now history, but its probably impossible to know for certain.

AA3RP
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:22 am

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by AA3RP » Mon May 23, 2022 12:30 am

was checking things on Alibaba and it seems Baofeng is making the DM-1801 as they are offering 'sample' of one piece for US $70. The shipping and taxes and transaction fee add another $28.21 to the cost to have it delivered directly to me here in the US. That totals $98.21.
Not much of a bargain as I paid $60 each with free shipping from a US supplier last year when I ordered two of them. Yet at least they are still made / available. Maybe some distributors will pick them up get them to the markets at better than the sample price direct from the factory.

Just for the record they state 24 or less days from time of order to delivery.
Link to DM-1801 listing on Alibaba
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 2c75mBrXZx

VK3KYY
Posts: 4537
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by VK3KYY » Mon May 23, 2022 1:31 am

AA3RP wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:30 am
was checking things on Alibaba and it seems Baofeng is making the DM-1801 as they are offering 'sample' of one piece for US $70. The shipping and taxes and transaction fee add another $28.21 to the cost to have it delivered directly to me here in the US. That totals $98.21.
Not much of a bargain as I paid $60 each with free shipping from a US supplier last year when I ordered two of them. Yet at least they are still made / available. Maybe some distributors will pick them up get them to the markets at better than the sample price direct from the factory.

Just for the record they state 24 or less days from time of order to delivery.
Link to DM-1801 listing on Alibaba
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 2c75mBrXZx
Very intersting.

I think most of the rumours about the GD77 and DM1801 being discontinued, are really just the global chip shortage problem, and also the continueing lockdowns in China, so that not much is currently being manufactured in China

ve2wkr
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:29 pm

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by ve2wkr » Mon May 23, 2022 3:59 pm

Yes, it's back on aliexpress from several vendors. It seems to be in high demand ...
Luca

BI1NJS
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:24 am

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by BI1NJS » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:41 am

I am a Chinese Radio Amateur. At present, I can't buy a new dm1801 in China. It should have been discontinued. :(
Two days ago, I found a seller who claimed to have a new dm1801, but when it arrived, I found that it was a Analog radio with the same appearance as the dm1801…… :cry:
So I finally buy a second-hand dm1801 instead.

VK3KYY
Posts: 4537
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:11 pm

BI1NJS wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:41 am
I am a Chinese Radio Amateur. At present, I can't buy a new dm1801 in China. It should have been discontinued. :(
Two days ago, I found a seller who claimed to have a new dm1801, but when it arrived, I found that it was a Analog radio with the same appearance as the dm1801…… :cry:
So I finally buy a second-hand dm1801 instead.
OK.

TYT still seem to be making the MD-760. Hopefully some who ordered a MD-760 can confirm this

vselic
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:00 am

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by vselic » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:10 am

BI1NJS wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:41 am
I am a Chinese Radio Amateur. At present, I can't buy a new dm1801 in China. It should have been discontinued. :(
Two days ago, I found a seller who claimed to have a new dm1801, but when it arrived, I found that it was a Analog radio with the same appearance as the dm1801…… :cry:
So I finally buy a second-hand dm1801 instead.
do you remember who sold you the wrong one? Maybe milustar Store?

PU7FSE
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 08, 2022 1:45 pm

Re: DM-1801 Discontinued?

Post by PU7FSE » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:04 pm

vselic wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:10 am
BI1NJS wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:41 am
I am a Chinese Radio Amateur. At present, I can't buy a new dm1801 in China. It should have been discontinued. :(
Two days ago, I found a seller who claimed to have a new dm1801, but when it arrived, I found that it was a Analog radio with the same appearance as the dm1801…… :cry:
So I finally buy a second-hand dm1801 instead.
do you remember who sold you the wrong one? Maybe milustar Store?
I do not recommend this store. I received a radio recently, which is a supposed "new version" of the DM-1801. This version does not go into upload mode and does not have the cable recognized by Windows. I opened a topic to report my problem: https://opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2250

Post Reply