APRS beacon testers needed

Discussions related to the firmware code development
F1RMB

Re: APRS beacon testers needed

Post by F1RMB » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:17 pm

The presets values are hardcoded, but you can still make adjustements of the settings after selecting a preset.

KB8YKF

Post by KB8YKF » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:52 pm

OK2MOP wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:08 pm
"Smart beaconing" sets the parameters to defaults for given activity type. On the APRS settings screen you just push the 1, 2, etc. buttons. You cannot change these presets, they are hardcoded in firmware for now.
Thanks, thats what I needed help with was how to change the preset. In case it helps others, Options -> APRS options -> Mode then use rotary knob on RT3S to select "Smart" and while that menu option is still selected, press 1-6 to change what preset you are using.

Still curious what to do about sending wrong Location, when previous Location is populated at power-on. Docs show:
If the location data is not valid in Manual or PTT beaconing modes, the word "Location?" will be displayed on the screen and the data will not be transmitted. In automatic modes (Auto and Smart), no beacon will be transmitted until a valid location is set (in Location screen screen or having a GPS fix on featured transceivers).
Is there a way to delete Location manually? I can set my coordinates manually, but I'm trying to replicate the "Location?" behavior described above.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:24 pm

KB8YKF wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:02 pm
Is it possible to clear Location on radio startup?

Sometimes in manual mode I send a beacon, forgetting I need to check if GPS has acquired location yet - and end up sending my last known location which is somewhere else entirely.

Also, the documentation mentions SmartBeaconing™ modes like Car/Sailing/e-Bike - where is that configured? Thanks!

https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... tbeaconing
The parameters for smart beaconing presets like Car, Sailing or eBike are hard coded and can't be edited.

Currently there is no way to clear the location.

The source code was published for the last Release version on 2023/12/31, so that people can modify it to suit their own requirements