Setting HX8353-E to sleep mode

Discussions related to the firmware code development
EA5JAQ

Re: Setting HX8353-E to sleep mode

Post by EA5JAQ » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:39 am

Thank you so much. Don't worry, I think I can manage with what I have. As you said, Data 1/2 is also used for the voice header and terminator with LC, so it shouldn't be too hard to implement that mode for sending raw data. Then it's just a matter of checking the standard docs so see how location messages are sent, etc.

By the way, are there any plans to release the MD-9600 sources once they are more stable? I'd like to make this work in that radio, as the MD-9600 and MD-UV390 are the two main platforms I use. Right now, that is the only supported platform without its sources published, I don't know if that is because of the licence, etc. or just because nobody asked for them yet. If there are plans to release them, I'd love to have them, as I'm having a lot of fun playing around with the other platform's sources.

Thanks again for everything, 73.

VK3KYY

Re: Setting HX8353-E to sleep mode

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:16 pm

The MD9600 sources will be released.

The UV380 sources were released early to help Chinese hams produce a Chinese language version.

We would not normally release the sources before they had been significantly cleaned to remove unused functions and commented out code etc etc