Localization - Slovenian

Discussions related to the firmware code development
S50PB

Localization - Slovenian

Post by S50PB » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:43 am

Hello,

I'm building Slovenian voice prompts, script (downloads/localisation/voice_prompt_texts/). The last two or three firmware builds, the voice-packs generated by the script are not working. The script-built english pack is not working either. Can someone check if the scripts are current.

Another question is about the menu. I did a Slovenian translation of the menus. The question is where to send it so it can be build-in the next firmware ?

73 de S50PB Primoz

F1RMB

Re: Localization - Slovenian

Post by F1RMB » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:48 am

Hi,
S50PB wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:43 am
Hello,

I'm building Slovenian voice prompts, script (downloads/localisation/voice_prompt_texts/). The last two or three firmware builds, the voice-packs generated by the script are not working. The script-built english pack is not working either. Can someone check if the scripts are current.

Another question is about the menu. I did a Slovenian translation of the menus. The question is where to send it so it can be build-in the next firmware ?

73 de S50PB Primoz
It seems the glyphs are using caron/etc, just like Czech language.
Send me the translation file, UTF-8 encoded, and the voice-prompt's wordlist CSV file.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

S50PB

Post by S50PB » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:33 am

Hi, Daniel

Sorry for the late reply, have a lot on my plate, HI.
We are doing the voice part from wordlist_english_UK.csv
The voices are prerecorded (22khz 48kbit mp3), named and placed in the right directory.
Then I run the script which automatically skips the download part when the file exists.
It was working 2 versions back, now the generated files don't play.
Complete source is available here
https://www.gapi.si/pub/voicebuild-copy.zip

I'll get back to you on the menu's, seems i misplaced them somewhere ...

Thank you
Primoz

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:30 am

Hi

You seem to be talking about voice prompts, but Daniel was talking about on-screen texts

Did you make the voice prompt files using the bat or script file ?

These voice prompts can be added to the list that can be downloaded, but normally the on screen text and the voice prompts should be the same language if possible

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi,

As Roger said, yes, we need the on-screen text file (<language.h>, UTF-8 encoded).
I just checked the wordlist in the zip file you linked, but it's not usable, all the word/sentences are still in English, not in Slovenian.
Also, we don't need the MP3 files, just the wordlist correctly translated and tuned (phonemes are needed sometimes), as we download the built MP3 from the TTS website.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

S50PB

Post by S50PB » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:30 am

Hi,

ok first the menus:
the slovenian.h is at https://www.gapi.si/pub/slovenian_menu.zip

the voice prompts:
the wordlist is in english yes, but in sub folder Ajda i have pre-recorded voices in mp3 format, which are in slovenian language.
if let's say we take "PROMPT_CHANNEL,,,Channel" it points to PROMPT_CHANNEL.mp3 which is in slovenian. This is done
because Text-To-Speech does not support slovenian. The python script for building voice packs, first checks if mp3 file exists,
if not it download's the voice. So in our case if i run python script it only converts files to raw encodes them in ambe and
creates vpr. In the zip file everything is setup and ready to go. The main.py is actually "GD77VoicePromptsBuilder.py" just renamed.

I'll have a go with tts to try and get it to sound slovenian, hi.

Regards Primoz

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:36 am

Hi,
S50PB wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:30 am
Hi,

ok first the menus:
the slovenian.h is at https://www.gapi.si/pub/slovenian_menu.zip
Okay. I quickly checked the file, and it seems you're not using any accented character at all. Is it correct ?

S50PB wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:30 am
the voice prompts:
the wordlist is in english yes, but in sub folder Ajda i have pre-recorded voices in mp3 format, which are in slovenian language.
if let's say we take "PROMPT_CHANNEL,,,Channel" it points to PROMPT_CHANNEL.mp3 which is in slovenian. This is done
because Text-To-Speech does not support slovenian. The python script for building voice packs, first checks if mp3 file exists,
if not it download's the voice. So in our case if i run python script it only converts files to raw encodes them in ambe and
creates vpr. In the zip file everything is setup and ready to go. The main.py is actually "GD77VoicePromptsBuilder.py" just renamed.

I'll have a go with tts to try and get it to sound slovenian, hi.

Regards Primoz
The problem is, we couldn't maintain an MP3 language only (could you imagine the mess when we add/delete any voice-prompt) Also, the repository is free of such file.
You're right, ttsmp3.com don't support Slovenian.

Cheers.
---
Daniel