[Rsolved] How to supply a patch ?

Discussions related to the firmware code development
ok1pt

[Rsolved] How to supply a patch ?

Post by ok1pt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:24 am

Hi!
I've done a small patch to fix the bug with incomplete channel initialization during switching between analog and digital mode.
It seems to work for me.
As it's my first contribution and it was done just after about 2-hour source code study, I'm not sure it's Ok, it may have some side-effects etc.
Is there an official channel for supplying community patches for verification / acceptance ?
73, Pavel

VK3KYY

Re: How to supply a patch ?

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:43 am

Pavel

You need to use the Github Pull Request system.

There are many places which explain how this work e.g. https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~mernst ... quest.html

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:32 am

Hi!
I read a lot of the doc. I can work with git (from command line), but I used github just to clone repos into my local storage until now.
Now I did at least 3 attempts to open the Pull Request if I use backward import of my local repo to the github, it doesn't recognize it as a fork of the original repo, and if I create just a new repo and click on the Fork icon, it tells me that it cannot be forked because I own this repo but I'm not a member of any organization. So I'm stuck here. Should I register somewhere ? Or what I'm doing wrong ?
73, Pavel

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:57 am

Hi,
ok1pt wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:32 am
Hi!
I read a lot of the doc. I can work with git (from command line), but I used github just to clone repos into my local storage until now.
Now I did at least 3 attempts to open the Pull Request if I use backward import of my local repo to the github, it doesn't recognize it as a fork of the original repo, and if I create just a new repo and click on the Fork icon, it tells me that it cannot be forked because I own this repo but I'm not a member of any organization. So I'm stuck here. Should I register somewhere ? Or what I'm doing wrong ?
73, Pavel
1) fork Roger's repo
2) clone your fork to your computer (git clone https://....)
3) switch to development branch (git checkout development)
4) create a branch for your mods (git checkout -b my_branch)
5) commit your mods, and push the branch to your repo (git push origin my_branch)
6) now you can create a PR (from your github repo, or Roger's one). Take care to select the "development" branch as destination, and not the "master" one. Also, a text message will be displayed in your terminal when you push your branch, with the URL to immediately create the PR.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:26 am

Hi Daniel!
All is so simple and clear, if you have a precise description! The biggest problem was with the first step - just to click the Fork icon on the Roger's repo. I always did it over my local repo which I cloned first, and it was the base of the problem.
I was even able to skip directly to step 5 and push my local changes (by git push my_remote_repo my_branch) and then the step 6 was perfectly easy.
Thanks again!
With regards,
Pavel

VK3KYY

Re: [Rsolved] How to supply a patch ?

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am