Midlands UK Copeplug Help

Post your OpenGD77 codeplugs here
M7GWH

Midlands UK Copeplug Help

Post by M7GWH » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:26 pm

Hi, I've installed the latest .sgl update using Open CPS. Does anyone have a codeplug including the DMR repeaters for the Midlands Area in the UK? Specifically GB3IN and GB7IN? And some pointers on how to upload it? Newbie questions I know, but I'm struggling!

VK3KYY

Re: Midlands UK Copeplug Help

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:09 pm

You could just use the VFO and enter the frequencies of those repeaters.

I had a quick look for the info on GB3IN but this site https://www.repeaterbook.com/row_repeat ... GB&ID=3789 said it was a DStar not DMR repeater (perhaps this has changed)

GB7IN seems to be DMR
https://repeaterbook.com/row_repeaters/ ... GB&ID=9278

M7GWH

Post by M7GWH » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:14 pm

I'll try tomorrow with GB7IN. Will I need to change any other settings?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:22 pm

It kinda depends whats already in the radio.

If its already got your ID in it, then you can just manually enter the TG by pressing # TG_NUMBER GREEN_KEY
to set the TG and then off you go

M7GWH

Post by M7GWH » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:09 pm

I've had a bit of a success I think.

I wiped the radio a couple of weeks ago and then re-installed OpenGD77 codeplug using OpenCPS. I could access the standard VFO channels that you'd set up in there etc.

My problem was figuring out how to program in and use the local DMR repeaters. This is where my knowledge gap is. I spent the early part of this week reading around the DMR programming and it occurred to me the easiest way to do this was to copy another codeplug and see how it was constructed.

I uploaded the latest UK codeplug by GM1YME this morning, and the repeaters I wanted to access are included (GB3IN and GB7IN) and I can hear them for the first time since getting the radio for Christmas so I'm really pleased! There's a bunch of other local DMR repeaters included in GM1YME's codeplug that I hope to try soon.

Many thanks to you all for your help!