Programming Retevis RT82 CP for DMR

Post your OpenGD77 codeplugs here
VK3KYY

Re: Programming Retevis RT82 CP for DMR

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:21 am

N2BRG wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:23 am
Thanks again Roger,
I guess we will have to get used to the way the Retevis and this firmware works, I'll get these programmed up and let my friend know it is not what we are used to with the Anytone. At least with this firmware the radio can be programmed, not like the original Retevis CPS which was a total buggy nightmare to work with. This CPS is pretty straightforward for programming the radio.
TC and thanks again
Gary, N2BRG
OpenGD77 codeplugs use a different paradigm for the way TGs on each repeater are handled, you should take a look at the various resources e.g. videos and web pages that people have done about this

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:48 am

N2BRG wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:23 am
Thanks again Roger,
I guess we will have to get used to the way the Retevis and this firmware works, I'll get these programmed up and let my friend know it is not what we are used to with the Anytone. At least with this firmware the radio can be programmed, not like the original Retevis CPS which was a total buggy nightmare to work with. This CPS is pretty straightforward for programming the radio.
TC and thanks again
Gary, N2BRG
DMR Repeaters (Brandmeister) usually keep a dynamic TG for 15 minutes , after that the TG is disconnected if there is no local activity.

Hotspots connected to Brandmeister keep the last keyed dynamic TG as an "Auto Static" TG which can be annoying , especially if it's TG 91.
I avoid TG91 as it is almost impossible to disconnect by sending to TG4000 unless you have a duplex hotspot.

As the network continues to send a activated TG even if you ignore it on an Anytone with a TG filter, I would not say that OpenGD77 has an issue.

If you activate TG91 on your WPSD hotspot and then power-off the Anytone or change to another channel, the Hotspot will continue to transmit it.
You can see that on the dashboard.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:47 am

Hi,

Auto Static is only enabled when you use a simplex hotspot.

Cheers.
---
Daniel