Adding Channels To Codeplug

Post your OpenGD77 codeplugs here
m0kdr

Adding Channels To Codeplug

Post by m0kdr » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:06 pm

This may be a silly question, but I am having a bit of a Mare adding channels to a codeplug. I have 725 channels, and when trying to add another channel, it will plop the new one in the 630's.......I've tried time and time again, hitting the the right arrow in teh channel list to make sure it is actually on the last channel and then adding, but it plops it in the 630's again....it's driving me mad.....any ideas please?

m0kdr

Re: Adding Channels To Codeplug

Post by m0kdr » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:47 pm

Capture.jpeg
Capture.jpeg (153.38 KiB) Viewed 1211 times

This is from the codeplug downloaded from this site, and there is a mismatch in channel numbers.

Not sure why or how to fix it.....

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:42 pm

Export to CSV
Fix the numbering
Import from CSV

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:32 pm

The two columns on the left of the screen show two different things.
The first column is a count of the total number of channels used.
The second column is the actual channel location used.
It is possible (and normal) to have gaps in the channel numbers used.

In your example the 634th channel is in location 634, the 635th channel is in location 637. So you have two unused locations 635 and 636.

When you add a channel using the CPS it will always use the first available free location, so if you added a new channel it would appear in location 635.

As Roger says, if you need to assign channels to specific locations then you need to export to CSV files. Then edit the channel numbers in Channels.csv using a spreadsheet program. Then import the CSVs back into the CPS.

The location number is only really relevant when using the 'All Channels' zone. In all other zones you can arrange the channels in the zone however you wish.

Colin G4EML

m0kdr

Post by m0kdr » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:04 am

Thanks for all the help, now have my head round it, I was overcomplicating things :D :D :D

I have attached the CSV I am currently using, could someone possible explain why the added channels are not showing, just blank rows please?
I have populated them in the CPS and they show and are selectable on the radio...

thanks
Channels.csv
(86.41 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

?