Canada Codeplug - visiting Vancouver / Vancouver Island

Post your OpenGD77 codeplugs here
G5NLD

Canada Codeplug - visiting Vancouver / Vancouver Island

Post by G5NLD » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:18 pm

Hi,

I am visiting Vancouver / Vancouver Island in August and wondered if anyong has a codeplug for that area. Thinking of taking the HT as it is nice and portable and might not be noticed by the XYL.

Thanks
Dennis

OE1MWW

Re: Canada Codeplug - visiting Vancouver / Vancouver Island

Post by OE1MWW » Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:41 pm

If you can't find a codeplug, use 'RepeaterBook' App. It will show you the next repeater from your present location.
I have programmed a zone with 10 'free' channels in my RT-3S. Checked with RepeaterBook at the very moment,
selected the next repeater and saw all details, the TX/RX and CTCSS. Now via Quick Menu I entered the repeater
data in one of the 'free' channels and and been ready. Much faster than to do guesswork in a codeplug.

That's the way I used my RT-3S during my cruise ship vacation visiting 6 different Baltic States in june/july this year.
Two years ago I been on the Norway coast, south to north and back again. Endless number of repeaters exist, some
near the coast, some inland. Preparred a 'special' codeplug for that trip, took me hours to set up - at the end - twisting
and turning knobs for ever.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:09 pm

Yes, the vfo mode together with a repeater list is very convenient when traveling , IMHO.

VE2NCK

Post by VE2NCK » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:01 pm

if you're looking for BM network you can find the Canadian wiki page and most repeaters and TG are listed
https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/Canada

G5NLD

Post by G5NLD » Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:52 pm

Thanks everyone, not sure yet if the handheld is going to make it into the luggage. Frankly don't think there will be much time to use it as we have a busy agenda for our visit.
If I manage to take it I will program ad hoc, as we are moving about a fair bit I might not use the dmr side and just listen around on 2M/70cm. Would have taken the small HF rig I have but it is probably not worth the effort.

Cheers all and looking forward visiting Canada.

Dennis