Question, Imported CSV Files

Post your OpenGD77 codeplugs here
KF5TJD

Question, Imported CSV Files

Post by KF5TJD » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:18 pm

Hello all,

I am enjoying tinkering a bit with my new firmware install and OpenGD77 CPS. I have a borrowed code plug installed now.
In making my own, I have been attempting to use downloaded CSV files with the intent to merge lists of individual (private call?) contacts from radioid.net and talk groups from the TGIF network. This will be after editing the downloaded lists for formatting and brevity.

Using LibreOffice Calc on a Linux machine, but not shy about reverting to Windows to accommodate my limited tech abilities.

Radioid output does not look quite like the format I read from the radio. I will likely need to add the "number" column at the far left. I may need to trim down contact names (possibly delete that column in favor of the "Nickname" column?). I may have to move some columns as well.

If there is any other advice for making my contact list in this way, please advise. Thank you- KF5TJD
Attachments
OpenGDTrimming.png
OpenGDTrimming.png (24.6 KiB) Viewed 2816 times

VK3KYY

Re: Question, Imported CSV Files

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:54 pm

Di you mean DMR ID database rather than contact list

KF5TJD

Re: Question, Imported CSV Files

Post by KF5TJD » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:46 am

After much study, yes, I suppose I do mean that. I have made some headway, and am now trying to condense the separate columns with name, city and (US) state together in a way the import function likes. Have not been successful yet.