Codeplug for all NEDECN New England Repeaters

Post your OpenGD77 codeplugs here
K1ST

Codeplug for all NEDECN New England Repeaters

Post by K1ST » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Here's a link to a codeplug with all the NEDECN Repeaters in New England:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fxuxBY ... sp=sharing

You just need to add your call and your DMR ID.

K1XVM

Re: Codeplug for all NEDECN New England Repeaters

Post by K1XVM » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:41 am

Is this file still available somewhere? A codeplug for the GD77 for NEDECN apparently isn't easy to come by. Thanks.

K1ST

Post by K1ST » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:00 pm

An updated OpenGD77 Codeplug for NEDECN Repeaters in New England is available at the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lh7Ojf ... sp=sharing

K1XVM

Post by K1XVM » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi -

Great, managed to download the second file. Appreciate the help. !

KM5GN

Post by KM5GN » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:39 am

Thanks so much for making this available, I am an old ham who is getting back into the hobby here in MA and this looks like a great start!

licensed in TX but very happy to now be in NE.

de KM5GN

KM5GN

Post by KM5GN » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:03 am

I'm just learning this DMR stuff and may need a bit of an elmer.I updated the firmware on my RD-5R and used the opengd77 software to copy the NEDECN codeplug to my radio, and everything looks great, but I can't seem to hear anything, I select the repeater here in Walpole, then a parrot TG, and when I key up the repeater seems to hear me, I get my radioID back to me but no audio. I've tried connecting to a couple of talkgroups too, but not a sound out of the radio. When I select one of the weather channels on the codeplug I hear them fine.

I suspect I'm missing something very basic, as I'm brand new to DMR, but I'm at a bit of a loss. If someone could help, I'd very much appreciate it.

Steve AKA KM5GN

KM5GN

Post by KM5GN » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:50 am

Another question and I realize that I'm a newbe and likely asking stupid questions. I'm having trouble finding where Talk Group lists exist. I seem to have zones, Talkgroups and channels, but don't see talk group lists on my radio.

K1XVM

Post by K1XVM » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:17 am

Hi KM5GN -

Does your attempt show up in Netwatch?
http://cb.nedecn.org:42420/CallWatch

I was testing this with a friend of mine in NH and some repeaters didn't appear to be available for one reason or another. Ultimately, even though he's in the Portsmouth area, he had to go outside and I think it was Chester that worked for him. A bit strange compared to some of the other options, admittedly.

There's not a lot of traffic up here. I pretty much loaded the OpenGD77 CPS, then the latest non-development release (which was Oct 2020 at the time), then reset to defaults, loaded the codeplug (after putting in my RadioID and Call). I also loaded contacts using the CPS, but I don't think contacts are required to make it work, just helps to know who you are talking to (basically converts Radio IDs to Calls and First Name).

Here's what I did, admittedly it will be a bit different for your RD5R (I'm using a GD77) -
1> Hold blue button (Function) and press up/down to pick your zone. I use Maine.
2> Set the output wattage to 5W (Hold blue button and press right until it goes to 5W).
3> Use up/down to pick your closest repeater.
4> Use left/right to pick your group. I used New England Wide.
5> Pick your Timeslot (* button). For me, most things are TS2. A lot of yours appear to be TS1 (but New England Wide is TS2 for you like it is for me).
6> Orange Button lets you set filtering. For me I'm using DMR Filter None, so I can see/hear other people talking on the same slot but different talk group (in case I want to change to the group to talk to them). I do have TS and CC filters on.

Some talk groups are PTT enabled and require keying the mic. That's generally true of nationwide, worldwide, etc. but can be the case for others.
https://nedecn.org/home/repeaters/massa ... ole-w1jfr/

The OpenGD77 manual has a graphic that shows some of the controls.
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... r_Guide.md

K1ST

Post by K1ST » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:52 pm

The NEDECN codeplug as written does not choose the Time Slot. This is because it was written before you could choose the timeslot. So you need to know which Time Slot a particular Talk Group is on for the Repeater you're trying to reach and then make sure you're on the right one.

KM5GN

Post by KM5GN » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:51 am

It's a learning process. I understand Talkgroup lists now, and I just realized I was on the wrong timeslot for the TG desired. I was so hopeful that would solve it,but it's something else. I'm starting to wonder whether there's something wrong with this radio. I have never heard a sound out of the DMR side of it, in spite of apparent traffic indicated by the receive light,.The FM side works. Also looks like I'm bringing up the repeater as it displays my name and call after I key. I'll check netwatch tomorrow.

Thanks,