Voice prompts

VK3KYY

Re: Voice prompts

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 am

IU4LEG wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:23 am
W1AEX wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:45 pm
Along the top menu ribbon, click on Extras. From the drop down menu, select OpenGD77 Support. At the bottom of the second column of buttons, select Write voice prompts.
OH ok! thank you!
BTW. I can't optimise any languages except English, so its likely that all non-english languages may not announce things as well as the English version does

If there is a problem with any non-english language version, someone who speaks the language will need to use VoicePolly.pro to test some alternative spellings of words etc to make the syntheseised speech sound OK.

e.g. In the English version the word "Watt" was being synthesised as "Waaaa", so I changed its spelling to "Wattt" and this seems to have fixed the problem in English, but I have not changed any other languages.

I also had to use a "Neural" voice for some letters of some voices, and manually replace the MP3 files, but unfortunately "Neural" voices are only available for English UK and USA, and Spanish USA and Portugeuse Brazilian.
And Neural voices are not available from TTSMP3 or VoicePolly, I had to log into AWS to manually create the words or letters which were not correct.

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:43 am
Voice prompt files for all English voices have been updated

https://github.com/LibreDMR/voice-promp ... ses/latest

UK. Amy, letters "R" and "E" have now been fixed by manually downloading "Neural" synthesis versions for those letters directly from Amazon Web Services. I also replaced the words with "Call" in them with Neural versions.

I also changed the acronym "dBM" to "D B M" for all English voices as not all voices pronounced this as individual letters.

I have also added an Australian male voice "Russel", which seems to work quite well.

And, I have reduced the letters and numbers speech speed for the French voice "Lea", because I am changing all voices to use normal speed for the letters and numbers, because although it takes longer to announce the Channel name etc, at least the letters and numbers are understandable.

thank you very much, uk amy seems best for me

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:21 am

More updates.

Added 3 new German voices. Marlene and Hans,

Ian DJ0HF has listed to these and apparently Marlene does not pronounce everything correctly, but Hans seems generally OK.

I've actually updated all 3 German voices, because of a problem with the "DMR Beep", because I've since changed English to "D M R Beep", but I forgot to check the non-english languages to see if the acronyms also need space added to be added so that they are pronounced correctly.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:22 am

m1dyp wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Voice prompt files for all English voices have been updated

https://github.com/LibreDMR/voice-promp ... ses/latest

UK. Amy, letters "R" and "E" have now been fixed by manually downloading "Neural" synthesis versions for those letters directly from Amazon Web Services. I also replaced the words with "Call" in them with Neural versions.

I also changed the acronym "dBM" to "D B M" for all English voices as not all voices pronounced this as individual letters.

I have also added an Australian male voice "Russel", which seems to work quite well.

And, I have reduced the letters and numbers speech speed for the French voice "Lea", because I am changing all voices to use normal speed for the letters and numbers, because although it takes longer to announce the Channel name etc, at least the letters and numbers are understandable.

If you hear anything that "Amy" does not pronounce correctly, please let me know and I'll see if I can adjust the spelling of the phrase in question to encourage the phrase to be pronounced correctly

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:10 am

Spanish, Portuguese and Italian have also been updated with some minor fixes or acronyms e.g. "DMR" becomes "D M R", FM becomes "F M", "VFO" becomes "V F O"

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:28 pm

m1dyp wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:06 am
VK3KYY wrote:

If you hear anything that "Amy" does not pronounce correctly, please let me know and I'll see if I can adjust the spelling of the phrase in question to encourage the phrase to be pronounced correctly
it all sounds great on Amy thank you

IU4LEG

Post by IU4LEG » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:46 pm

Hi Roger,
Now that I have installed the firmware and the voice file on the radio, I realized that some words did not sound good and I made some changes to the Italian wordlist. I had also forgotten to translate "Point" to "Punto". Everything should sound better now.
I attach the new file.
Thank you, IU4LEG Fabio
Attachments
wordlist_italian.zip
(2.11 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi Fabio

Ok.

I did notice that POINT seemed to be the same, but I was not sure if it was an omission or was correct for Ham radio use.

I will regenerate the Italian version using your latest wordlist.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:07 am

IU4LEG wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:46 pm
Hi Roger,
Now that I have installed the firmware and the voice file on the radio, I realized that some words did not sound good and I made some changes to the Italian wordlist. I had also forgotten to translate "Point" to "Punto". Everything should sound better now.
I attach the new file.
Thank you, IU4LEG Fabio
You didn't put the translation for the display_background_colour

kd2lh

Post by kd2lh » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:43 am

Hi Roger, thanks for your work on Voice Prompts. All I can say is, "WOW!".

Is this a first for an amateur DMR HT? I know Motorola has it on commercial XPR7550a radios, but have not seen it on a DMR designed for ham use?

I have the American English voice loaded. Firmware at 6/3 unstable update.

The letter "T" is being pronounced as "D" by Matthew. Is this a vocoder issue?

Marc