GD77 NO Prog Modus, Rom Error please Help

OE5OBR

GD77 NO Prog Modus, Rom Error please Help

Post by OE5OBR » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:34 am

Hello guys, I'm new here and have had my first DMR device for 3 days and have already programmed it to death, I've been looking to solve this problem for days. Resetting the GD77 using the key combination was unsuccessful. The problem is I get into update mode (both side buttons under PTT and switch on at the same time) I can't get into update mode at all anymore, when I go to Id Info in the menu in the GD77 then the last line says ROM Error_01
I would be very grateful if someone could help me, thanks in advance, Reini

VK3KYY

Re: GD77 NO Prog Modus, Rom Error please Help

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:21 pm

OE5OBR wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:34 am
Hello guys, I'm new here and have had my first DMR device for 3 days and have already programmed it to death, I've been looking to solve this problem for days. Resetting the GD77 using the key combination was unsuccessful. The problem is I get into update mode (both side buttons under PTT and switch on at the same time) I can't get into update mode at all anymore, when I go to Id Info in the menu in the GD77 then the last line says ROM Error_01
I would be very grateful if someone could help me, thanks in advance, Reini
Sounds like you are running the official firmware and have somehow corrupted the Flash memory or the ROM in the CPU

The only way to recover from this is to open the radio and connect a hardware programmer dongle to the CPU, to erase it and the reprogram the bootloader