W7ML

Re: RD-5R codeplug to OpenRD-5R codeplug; firmware install

Post by W7ML » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:00 pm

Boot screen is “if lost” and then my phone number

Which screen can I disable TA?

W7ML

Post by W7ML » Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:46 pm

I can't seem to find where to activate TA Tx in the CPS software.

Actually, I can't seem to find in the CPS software, most of the options that I see on the DM-5R when I hit the Menu button. You'd think that these could be more easily read and set in the CPS software.

W7ML

Post by W7ML » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:44 pm

OK: So I found in each Channel box the "Radio ID" and entered my personal Digital ID number in each DMR Channel that I am using and this has fixed Brandmeister Hoseline for me.

I have no idea how the Alaska callsign (KL5T) was being imparted previously.

Also, previously, using my 2nd DMR HT, when I transmitted through one DMR Repeater on a specific TalkGroup would show my personal Digital ID on the other DMR HT, so that aspect was working correctly to other Hams.

I also found the TA Tx in each Channel and they are all set for OFF.
Last edited by W7ML on Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:51 am

There is no need to enter the same DMR ID in every single DMR channel, as it's there to override the global one, if needed.
Looks like your codeplug is a bit messy ;)

Cheers.
---
Daniel

W7ML

Post by W7ML » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:23 am

F1RMB wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:51 am
Looks like your codeplug is a bit messy ;)
Ooops to W9YA: have you ever watched Brandmeister Hoseline while using your Codeplug?

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:30 am

W7ML wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:44 pm
OK: So I found in each Channel box the "Radio ID" and entered my personal Digital ID number in each DMR Channel that I am using and this has fixed Brandmeister Hoseline for me.

Also, previously, using my 2nd DMR HT, when I transmitted through one DMR Repeater on a specific TalkGroup would show my personal Digital ID on the other DMR HT, so that aspect was working correctly to other Hams.

KL5T has DMR ID 3111395 and you have 3111995 , almost the same.

Check again so you haven't entered a '3' instead of a '9' in position 5 on your ID by mistake.

W9YA

Post by W9YA » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:46 pm

SA0BUX wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:30 am
W7ML wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:44 pm

Check again so you haven't entered a '3' instead of a '9' in position 5 on your ID by mistake.
Yeah, "what he said"....hi hi. More to the point; You (or any user) has to change what Brandmeister would use for an ID number as the Generic Codeplug I linked has an ID number which when you find it in the CPS you will see it isn't at all like what you are describing.

es vy 73 om de "baab" w9ya

W7ML

Post by W7ML » Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:33 pm

SA0BUX wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:30 am

Good sleuthing! That was indeed the problem in the main "Callsign - Digital ID" portion of the CPS.

Thank you!

W9YA

Post by W9YA » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:57 pm

SO....for those (still) looking at this thread; here's what to take-away:

- Adding your ID to every channel makes for a messy codeplug.
- Be sure to double-check which DMR ID you enter in the File Menu -> Settings -> DMR ID and callsign. (The callsign is NOT what is transmitted to the Network; just your ID (number).)

es vy 73 om's de "baab" w9ya

W7ML

Post by W7ML » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:30 pm

W9YA wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:57 pm
SO....for those (still) looking at this thread; here's what to take-away:

- Adding your ID to every channel makes for a messy codeplug.
- Be sure to double-check which DMR ID you enter in the File Menu -> Settings -> DMR ID and callsign. (The callsign is NOT what is transmitted to the Network; just your ID (number).)

es vy 73 om's de "baab" w9ya
I agree that the take-away from the most recent posts to this thread is that double check the Digital ID that you enter for any typos or mistakes.

However and on the contrary, entering the Digital ID to every channel, while unnecessary, did help to lead us to the conclusion that the error was in the master entry of the Digital ID. There was nothing messy about it. I will of course, remove them from each channel now that the master Digital ID is correct.

So, again, thank you W9YA for your sample codeplug and for your edification here are the only changes I made to it:

1) DMR ID and callsign: Enter my callsign and Radio (Digital) ID

2) Contacts -> Digital Contacts: I added additional TalkGroups that I use

3) TG Lists: I modified 1 of your analog and 6 of your digital lists

4) Zones: I modified 1 of your analog and 3 of your digital zones

5) Channels: I modified 3 of your analog channels to the specifications of the 3 PAPA System analog repeaters that can be hit from my home and 6 of your digital channels to the specifications of the 3 PAPA System digital repeaters that can be hit from my home (1 each for Slot 1 and Slot 2). I am a member of the PAPA System which has repeaters throughout Southern California and Southern Nevada.

Now that I have it working, I am going to go through and rip out the other information that is personal to your usage and add the remainder of my RD-5R codeplug information that adds my personal usage, such as the addition of GMRS repeater and simplex and MURS simplex frequencies and 2 meter and 70 cms repeaters and simplex frequencies so that it will complete my DM-5R codeplug.

Thank you again!