Out of range CC code indicated

G4EML

Re: Out of range CC code indicated

Post by G4EML » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:07 pm

Hi Michael,

As I don't have an RD5R I may not be able to progress this much further. It may need to wait until Roger is able to have a look at it.

In the meantime can you check your Display Options and set Contact to '1 Line'. I think that setting it to '2 Lines' potentially could cause your problem.

If you have a GD77 or an 1801 maybe you could also compare the display layout with that of the RD5R. I am suspicious that the contact information from the database or TA is being written to the wrong location on the RD5R. Unfortunately the code is very convoluted in this area as there are a lot of different things that get written to the screen at different times, so it is not easy to work out what is happening, especially as I did not write that part of the code.

Colin.

DG1GMY

Re: Out of range CC code indicated

Post by DG1GMY » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:56 pm

Thanks Colin.

You are correct - „2 Lines“ or „Auto“ is/was set on both RD5R and also on most of my other devices.

I just compared the GD77 display to the RD5R and the “issue creating contacts” show up nicely with the „line below the line“ on a GD77 – yet that content probably creates the „few pixels“ on the RD5R. My assumption was that this is always cropped based on TRX capabilities, no matter how many chars are in contacts/DB or via TA (while being created in mem and before transferring to the actual display).

As it seems the RD5R can cope with a total of 25 chars for callsign plus additional info without showing any additional pixels. One of the RD5R is currently configured with „2 Lines“ and callsign database write parameters limited to these 25 chars to check if CC issue shows up again. The other RD5R is set to “1 Line” for now.

I’ll continue with some testing and provide further details once the “candidates” with the longer DB/TA details show up again…

Cheers
—Michael