New GD77 Beta - August 3 2022

SA0BUX

Re: New GD77 Beta - August 3 2022

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:03 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:48 am
SA0BUX wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:46 am
Is an inverted TS1/TS2 symbol an indication on this function or is it something else I have done ?
Inverted symbol means TS filter is disabled. This is something different.
Press the Orange button, and goto the TS filter setting and enable it.

FYI.
Bold means TS override is enabled.

This is documented in the User Guide, but perhaps its not explained clearly

https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... .md#filter
Strange, I enabled TS filter and now the TS goes back to the default setting with long press, I'm pretty sure it didn't before
I changed the TS filter, and now it behaves correctly even if change TS filter to off again.

I found the sentence about the TS filter in the guide , but I need to print it out, it's so many nice functions and features to learn.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:07 am

SA0BUX wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:03 am
VK3KYY wrote:
SA0BUX wrote:
Is an inverted TS1/TS2 symbol an indication on this function or is it something else I have done ?

FYI.

Strange, I enabled TS filter and now the TS goes back to the default setting with long press, I'm pretty sure it didn't before
I changed the TS filter, and now it behaves correctly even if change TS filter to off again.

I found the sentence about the TS filter in the guide , but I need to print it out, it's so many functions and features to learn.
Its always possible that there is a bug, but also the firmware has a lot of functionality, which can sometimes be confusing.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi,
SA0BUX wrote:
VK3KYY wrote:
SA0BUX wrote:

FYI.

I found the sentence about the TS filter in the guide , but I need to print it out, it's so many nice functions and features to learn.
You also need to keep in mind that, when the TS filter is set to OFF, the displayed TS is not the one that you're listen too, never.
Since the firmware try to detect any transmission on any TS, the first detected will be selected, but the display NEVER display which one.
If both TS are active, pressing the star key will select the other TS, but if the transmission ends on this TS, and after "Filter time" seconds, it will start again the detection procedure.

If TS filter is set to ON, the displayed TS is the active one.
I suggest you to set the option "Display options" -> "Info" to "TS" or "Both", which will display the TSx on-screen information using bold font if the Channel's/Contact's TS is currently overriden (by pressing the star key).

Cheers.
---
Daniel

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:59 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:59 pm
Hi,
SA0BUX wrote:
VK3KYY wrote:

FYI.

You also need to keep in mind that, when the TS filter is set to OFF, the displayed TS is not the one that you're listen too, never.
Since the firmware try to detect any transmission on any TS, the first detected will be selected, but the display NEVER display which one.
If both TS are active, pressing the star key will select the other TS, but if the transmission ends on this TS, and after "Filter time" seconds, it will start again the detection procedure.

If TS filter is set to ON, the displayed TS is the active one.
I suggest you to set the option "Display options" -> "Info" to "TS" or "Both", which will display the TSx/CSx on-screen information using bold font if the Channel's/Contact's TS is currently overriden (by pressing the star key).

Cheers.
---
Daniel