CPS Localization into Italian

IZ2EIB

Re: CPS Localization into Italian

Post by IZ2EIB » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:00 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:32 pm
No rush. I do not have any spare time at the moment to work on the CPS or firmware

Re: Portable version

The XML files are always in the Languages folder which is in the same location as the CPS exe
Thank you Roger.
I agree, no hurry.
What I wrote about the "four eyes that see better than two" referred to possible Italian language users who could suggest changes to the translation.
Now it works and so I am improving the messages, as some actually exceed the number of characters allowed.
However, I am noticing a weirdness, scattered between the text of the various messages often appears the wording "&" that I don't understand if it should be considered spurious or necessary for the functioning of the CPS.

For example, I find> Text="Selec&amp;t Firmware v4.3.6" < which I don't know if I can translate into > Text="Select Firmware V4.3.6" < or necessarily in > Text="Seleziona&amp; Firmware v4.3.6" <.
In truth I tried to omit the wording "&amp;" here and there and the CPS seems to work equally, in any case before cleaning up the whole translation I would like to understand more about this thing.
Thanks.

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:06 am

IZ2EIB wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:00 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:32 pm
No rush. I do not have any spare time at the moment to work on the CPS or firmware

Re: Portable version

The XML files are always in the Languages folder which is in the same location as the CPS exe
Thank you Roger.
I agree, no hurry.
What I wrote about the "four eyes that see better than two" referred to possible Italian language users who could suggest changes to the translation.
Now it works and so I am improving the messages, as some actually exceed the number of characters allowed.
However, I am noticing a weirdness, scattered between the text of the various messages often appears the wording "&amp;" that I don't understand if it should be considered spurious or necessary for the functioning of the CPS.

For example, I find> Text="Selec&amp;t Firmware v4.3.6" < which I don't know if I can translate into > Text="Select Firmware V4.3.6" < or necessarily in > Text="Seleziona&amp; Firmware v4.3.6" <.
In truth I tried to omit the wording "&amp;" here and there and the CPS seems to work equally, in any case before cleaning up the whole translation I would like to understand more about this thing.
Thanks.

Hi!
The &amp; token means, that in the menu, the following letter is "amplified", i.e. writen in bold or underscored or something like this and it designates a letter, which can be used on the keyboard to select the item instead of clicking on it by the mouse.
So, choose an appropriate letter in the Italian transcription and put this token in front of it, to keep this function working.
With regards / 73,
Pavel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:09 am

Yes.

Hi Fabio

The &amp; in

Code: Select all

<Control Id="btnSelectOfficialFW" Text="Selec&amp;t Firmware v4.3.6" />
is a special command, so that the ALT + T key does the same function as pressing the button

On the screen the letter that is the keyboard equivalent will be underlined

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:26 pm

@OK1PT, @VK3KYY

Ok, I got it, thanks to both!

So here you go the Italian.xml to add to the CPS:
Italian.zip
Italian language for the CPS.
(12.63 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
For those wishing to try it immediately with the current CPS, simply at line 6 of the Italian.xml file change
Id = "Ita"
with an identification already available among the.xml files already present in the CPS, for example the one for the Chinese language
Id = "chs"
Save the new Italian.xml and rename it as Chinese.xml, then go into the Language folder inside the CPS folder and rename the pre-existing Chinese.xml file in something like Chinese.xml_ or so, then put the new renamed file Chinese.xml in the same Language folder inside the CPS folder.
At this point, among the items in the Language menu, "Chinese" will disappear and in its place there will be "Italiano" which can be selected.
For the lazy here is the ready file made following the above instructions:
Chinese.zip
Test Italian language for the CPS.
(12.64 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
I apologize to the Chinese friends if in the example I proposed I made Chinese language disappear, it is just a mere example.
Of course in line 6 it is possible to modify Id = "Ita" in any other way among those already present in the Language folder inside the CPS folder.
The important thing is then properly rename the Italian.xml file and to rename the same file already present in the Language folder inside the CPS folder to avoid overwriting it by inserting the new modified file in the same folder as the pre-existing one.
I hope I managed to be understandable.

Using the Italian.xml file, for the correct functioning of the CPS, this is the Italian translation of the instructions invocable from the menu Extras -> Firmware loader (GD-77,GD-77S,DM-1801,RD-5R) -> Firmware Installation Iinstructions. online at static/firmware_instillation.php?lang=italiano #italiano or something like that:

(static/firmware_instillation.php?lang=italiano #italiano)

Italiano

Installazione del firmware OpenGD77
Per motivi legali il firmware OpenGD77 non contiene più le parti binarie del firmware ufficiale di Radioddity che forniscono la funzionalità DMR / Codec AMBE

Per utilizzare il firmware OpenGD77 con funzionalità DMR, si deve scaricare e decomprimere manualmente il pacchetto ufficiale "firmware e software" ed estrarre l'archivio GD-77_v4.3.6.sgl, in modo che il caricatore del firmware possa unire il firmware OpenGD77 con il codec del firmware ufficiale

Sul sito web di Radioddity, pagina supporto per le radio Radioddity https://www.radioddity.com/pages/radioddity-download fare clic su GD77 e selezionare il collegamento a "GD-77 Firmware V4.3.6 [Ham Version]"
Al momento questo è il collegamento diretto per scaricare quel pacchetto zip: https://radioddity.s3.amazonaws.com/202 ... ersion.zip

Dopo aver scaricato il pacchetto, estrarre l'archivio GD-77_V4.3.6.sgl dalla cartella "Firmware software V4.3.6"

Nella schermata CPS, pannello Caricatore del firmware, è necessario prima selezionare la posizione dove è stato salvato l'archivio GD-77_V4.3.6.sgl premendo il pulsante "Seleziona Firmware v4.3.6". Dopo che la posizione dell'archivio è stata selezionata, il CPS la ricorderà e la userà per tutti i futuri caricamenti del firmware sulla radio

For use, a copy and paste of the text is necessary, because on the forum the limit of the attachments is 3 and I could not insert the ready to use text file.
For information purposes only I point out that in the text in English (static/firmware_instillation.php?lang=english #english) there is a typo, as it is written extac instead of the correct extract:

After downloading the file, extact the GD-77_V4.3.6.sgl file from the "Firmware software V4.3.6" folder

And finally here is the CPS' English.xml file corrected by the typos I wrote in a my previous post:
English.zip
New English language corrected for the CPS.
(11.44 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
In detail the modified lines are the following:
Lines 58 and 636 "Timing Leader Prefernce"
Line 138 "Preferred,Eligibel,Ineligibel"
line 420 "ZoneList"
Line 436 "Tile Horzontal"
Line 505 "Menu Lanugage"
Line 636 "Timing Leader Prefernce"
Line 745 "Download contacts'"
Line 762 "Calibration viewer'"
Line 895 "Are you sure you want to restore the Calibartion from a previously saved file?"
Line 1058 "Not select item or Not copyitem"
Line 1076 "There are {0} new ID's which are not already in your contacts"
Line 1077 "Please enter the 3 digit Region previx code. e.g. 505 for Australia."
Line 1101 "Too many ID's for the connected radio, the list will be truncated to the maximum capacity."

In the future I will try to deal with the Italian.chm file.
Thanks.

iv3bvk

Post by iv3bvk » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:23 pm

IZ2EIB wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:39 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:02 pm
You can check if the translated text fits on the screen by changing the XML file and restarting the CPS, Or by changing to English and back to Italian
Thank you Roger.
Honestly it is the same thing I also thought, but sadly it doesn't work for me.
If I replace the .XML file, or I modify one already present in the Language folder, then in the CPS its reference in the menu items disappears, it is no longer available.
Maybe because I use the portable version of the CPS and not the installed one?
I don't know.
In any case, I finished the Italian translation of the .XML file, but before I release it I would like to view a preview of it, just to fix things for the best.
While I translated the document into Italian, I noticed some typos in the English version, so simultaneously with the Italian translation I will also provide a revised and correct English version for what is my competence regarding the English language.
Of course, I will not fail to indicate line by line the corrections I introduced into the English document, just to avoid problems: four eyes or more see better than only two.

Hello everybody,
Has there been any progress on this localization proposal?

@Fabio
have you done any tests and got positive results?

'73 de Paolo IV3BVK

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:46 pm

iv3bvk wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:23 pm
@Fabio
have you done any tests and got positive results?
Hi Paolo.
The translation is finished.
For details, please refer to my previous post here:
https://opengd77.com/viewtopic.php?f=13 ... =10#p19310
As far as I am concerned, it works.
If you personally want to see the result of the translation, please follow the indications I wrote in the post I just linked, or very simply download the Chinese.zip file, decompress it and place its content in the Language folder inside the CPS folder, not forgetting to rename the file Chinese.xml already present in that folder so that it will not be overwritten from the new one.
At that point, among the items in the Language menu, "Chinese" will disappear and in its place there will be "Italiano" which can be selected.
Please keep in mind that for how things are now, the Italian translation of the online instruction invocable from the menu Extras -> Firmware loader (GD-77,GD-77S,DM-1801,RD-5R) -> Firmware Installation Iinstructions. will not work.
That's all.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:04 am

Thanks to Daniel the Italian translation has now been added to the CPS

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2333

Note. The English translation will be updated later, but for technical reasons I was not able to include those updates in this release

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:18 am

Also. Daniel sent me updated installation instructions containing the italian text

static/firmware_installation.php?lang=Italiano

iz2qdh

Post by iz2qdh » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:15 pm

Installed latest CPS with italian translation, @IZ2EIB nice job.
I suggest to change the menu "Linguaggio" to "Lingua", minor update.

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:26 pm

@F1RMB @VK3KYY

Thank you Daniel and Roger!

iz2qdh wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:15 pm
I suggest to change the menu "Linguaggio" to "Lingua", minor update.
Hi namesake Fabio.
I agree, thanks.
In any case, the translation I have released is understood to be improved and anyone can modify it at will.
With reference to the suggested modification, it is enough to change the lines 328, 330 and 440 of the current Italian.xml file.
For convenience, here is the already modified file:
NEW_Italian.zip
Improved temporary version of Italian.xml at the suggestion of IZ2QDH.
(12.63 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
However, I am of the opinion of leaving things as they are, for the moment.
Those who want to make the changes will do so and will share them here on the forum, so that the aforementioned can be discussed and after a reasonable period of time the final translation will be issued.
In this way the workload for developers will be lightened.
This is what I think.
That the translation can be improved is out of doubt, also because as is evident my English isn't so good, so any help is welcome.
Thanks.