CPS Localization into Italian

VK3KYY

Re: CPS Localization into Italian

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:08 pm

OK.

Thanks.

We will wait until there are more comments and some agreement on the Italian file before we include the update into the CPS

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:15 pm

Hi Roger.
Here is the new updated file Italian.xml with the new items added to the CPS menu by Colin G4EML integrating his fantasic CSV Export / Import system (many, many thanks Colin!) and which integrates Fabio IZ2QDH's suggestion about the replacement on the menu of the word "Linguaggio" with "Lingua" (many, many thanks Fabio!):
Italian.xml.zip
Updated Italian.xml with the new items added to the CPS menu by Colin G4EML and the suggestion of IZ2QDH.
(13.17 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Since further suggestions have not been received, everything else remains as before, except for the change from "CSV" to ".CSV" for all pre-existing and new items.
Thanks.

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:38 pm

IZ2EIB wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:15 pm
Hi Roger.
Here is the new updated file Italian.xml with the new items added to the CPS menu by Colin G4EML integrating his fantasic CSV Export / Import system (many, many thanks Colin!) and which integrates Fabio IZ2QDH's suggestion about the replacement on the menu of the word "Linguaggio" with "Lingua" (many, many thanks Fabio!):
Italian.xml.zip
Since further suggestions have not been received, everything else remains as before, except for the change from "CSV" to ".CSV" for all pre-existing and new items.
Thanks.

Thanks

I will merge these changes

BTW.

I think perhaps there is some duplication in all the XML files for the CSV function, becuase I had to move some texts from one section to another and I think perhaps I forgot to delete from the original location.

Anyway, If I get time I will try to find and delete the duplicates

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:32 am

FYI.

I've added the latest CPS XML translation files to the localisation folder on this server

https://opengd77.com/downloads/localisation/CPS/

I've updated the Italian xml and this will be in the next release of the CPS

I also remove the duplicate lines from the XML files (my bad to creating the duplicates)

PS.
Its likely we will need to add an option to set the CSV separator character, because although currently the CPS detects if the decimal separator is a comma ',' and then uses a semicolon, this is not ideal or possibly does not correctly detect the decimal separator.

I have tested the numerical separator detection on my Windows PC and it did seem to work, so I'm not sure why it does not work on some people's PC's

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:04 pm

I tried some tests on two Windows 10 installations both has some US/English installations but regional settings are adopted to more Swedish ones.

PC1 has decimal symbol "." (dot) , digit grouping " " (space) and list separator "," (comma)
CSV export looks like this:

Code: Select all

Channel Number,Channel Name,Channel Type,Rx Frequency,Tx Frequency,Bandwidth (kHz),Colour Code,Timeslot,Contact,TG List,DMR ID,TS1_TA_Tx,TS2_TA_Tx ID,RX Tone,TX Tone,Squelch,Power,Rx Only,Zone Skip,All Skip,TOT,VOX,No Beep,No Eco
1,Channel1,Digital,     144.02500,      144.02500,,1,1,None,Brandmeister,None,Off,Off,,,,Master,No,No,No,0,Off,No,No
Both Export Import and Append seems to work fine.

PC2 has decimal symbol "," (comma), digit grouping " " (space) and list separator ";" (semicolon)
CSV export:

Channel Number;Channel Name;Channel Type;Rx Frequency;Tx Frequency;Bandwidth (kHz);Colour Code;Timeslot;Contact;TG List;DMR ID;TS1_TA_Tx;TS2_TA_Tx ID;RX Tone;TX Tone;Squelch;Power;Rx Only;Zone Skip;All Skip;TOT;VOX;No Beep;No Eco
1;Channel1;Digital;     144,02500;      144,02500;;1;1;None;Brandmeister;None;Off;Off;;;;Master;No;No;No;0;Off;No;No
Exception on Import and Append:

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   at DMR.CSVEML.OpenChannelsCSV()
   at DMR.CSVEML.ReadCSVs(String PathName)
   at DMR.CSVEML.ImportCSVs(String CSVDirectory)
   at DMR.CSVEML.ImportCSV()
If digit grouping is changed to "." (dot) it's possible to import without exception but instead of 144,02500 it is 564,00000 in CPS Channels.
Another CSV with real frequencies in same CSV format have also totally crazy entries i CPS.

I can import the CSV from PC1 on PC2 if I change the regional settings to be the same as on PC1.

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:00 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:32 am
FYI.

I've added the latest CPS XML translation files to the localisation folder on this server

https://opengd77.com/downloads/localisation/CPS/
Thanks a lot Roger!