Post by SQ7PTE » Mon May 23, 2022 7:01 pm

I forgot to point to the original software - my fault. Sorry

Thank you Daniel

VK3KYY

Re: New GD77 Beta - May 17 2022

Post by VK3KYY » Tue May 24, 2022 1:42 am

sfoto wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:14 am
hi, is there plans for or is it even technically possible for the opposite of this feature, that is - ability to keep radio on until you turn it off with a specific button held?
Do you mean, you keep accidently turning the radio off.

Although we could stop the radio being turned off, we can't stop the volume being reduced to zero, so for practical pusposes it would not be possible to keep the radio usable if the power / volume was turned to its off position

G7JIQ

Post by G7JIQ » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:43 am

Firstly I must thank all involved with the amazing software and functionality thats been added over the last 12 months and this is not a complaint, just an observation.

When the Safe Power On mode is used, (which I think is an great idea) and you press the function button instead of the S1 (easy done in the dark with fat fingers/gloves on), the radio comes up prompting to reset all settings/memories etc.

Is there a way to cancel this function, as the only way I can find is to press ok and reset the radio and lose everything.

Is there a way to disable this function if wanted ?

Could this perhaps a future menu option ?

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:17 am

Hi,
G7JIQ wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:43 am
Firstly I must thank all involved with the amazing software and functionality thats been added over the last 12 months and this is not a complaint, just an observation.

When the Safe Power On mode is used, (which I think is an great idea) and you press the function button instead of the S1 (easy done in the dark with fat fingers/gloves on), the radio comes up prompting to reset all settings/memories etc.

Is there a way to cancel this function, as the only way I can find is to press ok and reset the radio and lose everything.

No, Settings reset is a one way ticket, and this feature couldn't be disabled (imagine you have a huge settings problem with your HT, which is bootlooping, and no solution to reset all settings).

But trust me, after a while your thumb will stop pressing the bottom SK button ;-)

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:25 am

G7JIQ wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:43 am

Also...

I'm not sure what you mean by "Memories", but Settings Reset does Not clear the codeplug.