New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha - May 3rd 2022

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by oe7abh » Tue May 10, 2022 7:46 am

F1RMB wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:30 am
Hi Alfred,

oe7abh wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:27 am
Colin,
the external antenna is connected (Daimond X50) and the power supply is supplying sufficient current (12A).
It's on loan, who knows what happened to it...

But thanks for your hint. I assume a new radio will work fine and not leak VHF-TX into the built in speaker.
73 Alfred
I searched the thread, but it seems you didn't mentioned the hardware revision of your MD9600.


Cheers
---
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

this is my hardware. I'm not sure if the firmware matches the hardware version! the radio is borrowed....
I ordered a new device (RT90) from the retevis store today.

73 Alfred

Image

Image

VK3KYY
Posts: 4537
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by VK3KYY » Tue May 10, 2022 7:47 am

oe7abh wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:27 am
Colin,
the external antenna is connected (Daimond X50) and the power supply is supplying sufficient current (12A).
It's on loan, who knows what happened to it...

But thanks for your hint. I assume a new radio will work fine and not leak VHF-TX into the built in speaker.
73 Alfred
I never heard of another radio with that problem.

Most likely it has a hardware fault, which is why someone loaded it to you;-)



BTW. The only reliable way to know the hardware version is to open the top of the radio and read the silk screen text.
The values displayed by the official firmware are useless.

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by oe7abh » Tue May 10, 2022 8:03 am

Roger,
thanks for the tip!

Image

Image

G4EML
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:01 am

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by G4EML » Tue May 10, 2022 9:27 am

With that serial number it is a very early model. The board shows that it is a V2 radio.

The extra capacitor near the audio amp shows that my click fixing mod has been done. With some radios that can cause the speaker muting to be less effective. That might be the cause of the buzzing you can hear.

Colin.

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by oe7abh » Tue May 10, 2022 10:39 am

G4EML wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:27 am
With that serial number it is a very early model. The board shows that it is a V2 radio.

The extra capacitor near the audio amp shows that my click fixing mod has been done. With some radios that can cause the speaker muting to be less effective. That might be the cause of the buzzing you can hear.

Colin.
Hi Colin,
Perfect!! Capacitor removed - VHF-TX -> Device speakers clean!
Merci!
73 Alfred

VK3KYY
Posts: 4537
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by VK3KYY » Tue May 10, 2022 10:56 am

oe7abh wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:39 am
G4EML wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:27 am
With that serial number it is a very early model. The board shows that it is a V2 radio.

The extra capacitor near the audio amp shows that my click fixing mod has been done. With some radios that can cause the speaker muting to be less effective. That might be the cause of the buzzing you can hear.

Colin.
Hi Colin,
Perfect!! Capacitor removed - VHF-TX -> Device speakers clean!
Merci!
73 Alfred
Try turning on Click Suppression, now that you removed hardware click suppression

Also, if its an early V2, radio, you may need to load our V1, firmware, otherwise the display dimming does not work correctly.

vselic
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:00 am

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by vselic » Tue May 10, 2022 11:21 am

Has anybody the same problem:
- when your are on a dmr repeater, sometimes it cuts out the start of a qso/talk? On older versions from last year, no problem.
- while scanning, sometimes dmr burst (no talk) interrups scanning, even there is no traffic, only info check burst. On last year releases, it didnt mess it up.
- scan funcion had 1sec filter time, now 2sec minimum - why is that

Rt90 mobile and baofeng 1801

Any possibility to install older 2021 software on this mobile station or modify to old one? Problems, mentioned above doesnt exist on those one.

S58sms 73

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by oe7abh » Tue May 10, 2022 11:25 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:56 am
oe7abh wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:39 am
G4EML wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 9:27 am
With that serial number it is a very early model. The board shows that it is a V2 radio.

The extra capacitor near the audio amp shows that my click fixing mod has been done. With some radios that can cause the speaker muting to be less effective. That might be the cause of the buzzing you can hear.

Colin.
Hi Colin,
Perfect!! Capacitor removed - VHF-TX -> Device speakers clean!
Merci!
73 Alfred
Try turning on Click Suppression, now that you removed hardware click suppression

Also, if its an early V2, radio, you may need to load our V1, firmware, otherwise the display dimming does not work correctly.
Colin,

dimming works, I set 5 seconds.

--> what do you mean by: "Try turning on Click Suppression, now that you removed hardware click suppression?"

G4EML
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:01 am

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by G4EML » Tue May 10, 2022 12:37 pm

That comment was from Roger not me.

If you have removed the capacitor then you will now have a loud click when the Squelch opens which many people found annoying.

If you have loaded the Open MD9600 firmware you will find a menu option for click suppression. This attempts to open the Squelch more slowly thus reducing the click.

Colin.

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: New GD77 Beta, and MD9600 Alpha

Post by oe7abh » Tue May 10, 2022 2:20 pm

G4EML wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 12:37 pm
That comment was from Roger not me.

If you have removed the capacitor then you will now have a loud click when the Squelch opens which many people found annoying.

If you have loaded the Open MD9600 firmware you will find a menu option for click suppression. This attempts to open the Squelch more slowly thus reducing the click.

Colin.
Sorry Colin, ok, i got that! Thanks!

Post Reply