New GD77 Beta - April 2022 (2022 04 09)

VK3KYY

New GD77 Beta - April 2022 (2022 04 09)

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:02 am

New GD77 Beta is now available to download from this folder

https://opengd77.com/downloads/GD77/d1a ... 841aa1bb23

Changes in this version, from the last Release are

* CC scan option has been reinstated
* DMR Rx AGC has been added (same functionality as in the MD9600 version)
* Rx Beeps have been added
* Last Heard can also be cleared by holding # when on the Last Heard screen
* Option has been added to ignore invalid DMR CRC values, (by Daniel F1RMB), which may help when receiving some non-ham signals.
* Updates to Spanish and Catalan languages.

Thanks to Daniel F1RMB for these changes

There are also new Voice Prompts which include the new functionality
The voice prompts are now available in a variety of speeds, which hopefully will suit everyone's needs.
Speed range are from 1.0 to 2.5 x normal speech speed.
Previously the only speed available was 1.25 x normal speech

https://opengd77.com/downloads/Voice_Pr ... 83940ee3f1

For normal usage 1.5 x is probably the best to use. Some people in high noise enviroments may want to use slower speeds, and blind operators may prefer to use higher speeds to reduce the duration of the voice prompts

Ik0nwg

Re: New GD77 Beta - April 2022 (2022 04 09)

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:49 am

thank you
ciao Roger Daniel

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:51 am

Hello.

Everything you have added is TOP. Works bp so far for an hour. You really made my day. This was an early easter gift. :))

If all of those options will be on md, than i buy one soon.

Fecskebeka

Post by Fecskebeka » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:35 pm

Have a nice day!

Thanks for the new features!
I like it. :)

In DMR mode, the RX end beep is not activated in several cases.
I did not experience this outage in FM mode.
I did not find any logical explanations or connections from outside.

DMR beep (TX transmission), OK
Can a similar one be integrated into FM mode?

73 :) Zsolt
Last edited by Fecskebeka on Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:26 pm

Hello. I have found some problems:

-Rx beep is sometimes at start late or even beeps along with talk, but this only happens in scan mode... if you are on a same channel, it works good. Tested on dmr only for now.
-Crc ignore works well, but the problem i have found is that when it ignores corrupted crc, the station doesnt show id and group and the screen is not bright on talk (if set) (it did it well on stable release from 11.7.21 ), so maybe developer f1rmb checks, what has been done in this release.
-crc ignore sometimes stops scan on cap+ "thinking" its voice (for 1sec and then it continiue scanning), in 11.7.22 it didn happen so often, so maybe this could be checked aswell. This effect on scan, beeing much slower, stopping every time for a second.
-Radio options filter time, can you set it to 1sec or less 0,5?? at the moment 2sec is minimum, releases back than had 1sec and if you monitor cap+ which is changing slots constantly during talk, its useful to have less time option. I think its useful if you monitor both bussy slots too, for example for hotspot purposes, if you have duplex hotspoy and traffic is on both slots. It sholudnt be a problem.
-as previous mentioned tx beeps would be welcome on fm mode too

If you somehow mamage to repair those things, it will be best software for ham ;)

S58sms
Br

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:21 pm

Testing now, excited about the AGC but not 100% sure of the use cases, could someone explain when to use it and how it works?

Off I assume is normal, but I'm not sure what to make of the 0-45db settings. Does that mean it'll boost the audio up to 45db?

45 is likely not normally a useful setting, but just trying the extremes here and I find 45 is quite distorted, but just experimenting. I'm actually listening to the WW Net which should be a good time to experiment with the setting but I'm having a little trouble as quiet transmissions are still quiet, I was thinking all would be about the same volume with the setting on.

I'm listening on the GD77 and my Anytone 878 so I can hear who is quiet and who isn't, maybe everyone on this net is using reasonable volumes and I'm not hearing a difference because of that.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:12 pm

Hi,
vselic wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:26 pm
Hello. I have found some problems:

-Rx beep is sometimes at start late or even beeps along with talk, but this only happens in scan mode... if you are on a same channel, it works good. Tested on dmr only for now.
Talker rx beep will be emited once a valid talker information is available.
vselic wrote:
-Crc ignore works well, but the problem i have found is that when it ignores corrupted crc, the station doesnt show id and group and the screen is not bright on talk (if set) (it did it well on stable release from 11.7.21 ), so maybe developer f1rmb checks, what has been done in this release.
Since you implicitly ask the firmware to ignore bad CRC, and RAS is messing the CRC, the embedded data are also "special", hence not documented, don't expect any improvement in this area.
vselic wrote:
-crc ignore sometimes stops scan on cap+ "thinking" its voice (for 1sec and then it continiue scanning), in 11.7.22 it didn happen so often, so maybe this could be checked aswell. This effect on scan, beeing much slower, stopping every time for a second.
See above.
The OpenGD77 is not designed to turn the supported hardware platforms as scanners.
You want a scanner, buy a scanner ;-)

vselic wrote:
-Radio options filter time, can you set it to 1sec or less 0,5?? at the moment 2sec is minimum, releases back than had 1sec and if you monitor cap+ which is changing slots constantly during talk, its useful to have less time option. I think its useful if you monitor both bussy slots too, for example for hotspot purposes, if you have duplex hotspoy and traffic is on both slots. It sholudnt be a problem.
-as previous mentioned tx beeps would be welcome on fm mode too
Won't happen, use the STAR key.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:59 pm

Hello,

your choice as you are a developer, but i think its already a good scanner + ham radio, best software so far. I have installed a mentioned old release and this one for a test on two stations and compared it together at the same time, so thats why i tought you check old release and make next release even better. I can send you some videos of comparison, if you contact me somehow. Guess i will stay on an old one, because it handles bad crc better and has insane scan mode, i only miss dmr rx agc in this old version.
Anyways thanks for a good work.

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:03 pm

Roger and Daniel, many thanks for this improved new firmware!

A couple of questions if possible.
First.
I know I am dumb as hell, I can not understand when it would be necessary to update the italian.h and wordlist_italian.csv files.
I know that for the stable version of the firmware the two above files are at the following paths:
https://github.com/LibreDMR/voice-promp ... languages/
downloads/releases/
But for beta versions?
Thanks.

Second one.
Is the monitor mode supposed to work even into satellite live data screen?
Thanks.
I ask because by trying to activate the monitor function by pressing SK2, partially starts the voice prompt even if it is not set to my GD-77 (the current setting I use is "beep").

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:20 pm

IZ2EIB wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:03 pm
Roger and Daniel, many thanks for this improved new firmware!

A couple of questions if possible.
First.
I know I am dumb as hell, I can not understand when it would be necessary to update the italian.h and wordlist_italian.csv files.
I know that for the stable version of the firmware the two above files are at the following paths:
https://github.com/LibreDMR/voice-promp ... languages/
downloads/releases/
But for beta versions?
Thanks.

Second one.
Is the monitor mode supposed to work even into satellite live data screen?
Thanks.
I ask because by trying to activate the monitor function by pressing SK2, partially starts the voice prompt even if it is not set to my GD-77 (the current setting I use is "beep").

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB
My Bad.

As this is a Beta I forgot to upload the files necessary for translation

I've now updated the files in

http://opengd77.com/downloads/localisation/

With the latest firmware and voice prompt texts