Re: Public Beta (2022 01 09)

Post by F1RMB » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:14 am

vselic wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:02 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 am
vselic wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:42 am
Are you shure, because I listen RAS System, and on gd77 ;) ?
Depends on how RAS works. OpenGD77 will receive all non-encrypted, audio DMR transmissions.

It will not transmit any access codes or encrypted signals
It's not you, but a post before from G4EML and I just can't believe, how some people are so annoying - repeating all the time the same thing like a parrot. I know what is RAS and like mentioned, it depends on RAS system probably. Funny part is that one RAS system here, which is a tough one, works better on gd than other simplier one, which is not so problematic to work it out. That's why i've asked, if anybody else has problem with showing ID and Groups problem/voice traffic problem on CAP+ in general, not only on RAS/or if this is some kind of beta/develepor problem in general.
If the station manages to get out 70% of the traffic, than maybe it can be improved, to work it out. Another thing: RAS can be implemented in HAM use, so stop beeing annoying saying that it's not allowed, because it's not an encryption. If you are not interested, than you can skip it out.
Maybe you missed the fact that RAS/CAP/etc are not used at all in the Ham world (and are also Motorola proprietary stuff), where private communications are forbidden. Trying to break into a private network is completely illegal in most country. Plus the fact that you're using a transceiver, not even a scanner (which also is illegal in many countries), out of a band you're probably allowed to transmit on.
So, instead of trying to be rude and impolite, think twice before writing such things on an Ham oriented board.

Thanks.

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:41 am

Hello,

I did not want to be RUDE, but some people are just repating themselfs for years, probably because of their own problems beeing unsuccessful and than they regard to law or HAM spirit, or that it's not possible, even if it already is and so on - which means they do not have enough knowledge. We are just interested in searching the digital world and as I said many times, RAS in not encryption and also some repeaters even use RAS in HAM world, so I don't see any problem. I don't know why are talking of breaking to some commercial system, nobody said we are TX on a system or in any way effect on a system anyways, we are just doing what we're doing with the recieved signal on a legal station. If it would be an encryption thing, than I wouldn't bother with you on this forum at all, be shure, i know gd is meant for ham use and is distancing from encryption, which is something else in a programming world.
On the other hand may I ask you, why than we need promiscous mode in HAM, for example ignoring CC, Slots, groups, different ID-s on personal radios and so on, which is in general sense the same way of preventing someone to listen or tx, like RAS? Repeaters in brandmaister do the same way, allow only tx for accepted IDs and so one...

Keep in mind that if it's not allowed in your country, than thats your regional/local problem, just don't write something in general and leave it open for those, who are legally curious, or aren't we allowed to talk about options?
I believe we can skip this disscusion, because some people won't get it, and next time, they will repat themselves again.

OE2WHP

Post by OE2WHP » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:23 pm

Hi,

Since I have installed the new beta I also experience random reboots.
I first noticed it has rebooted, when my satellite data were suddenly gone despite I have suspend option set to on.
After the reboot KEPs are gone, time and date are gone. GPS location is still to what I had set it.
FW info: Built 15:58:00, Jan 9 2022, 6e7c828 D
Device is in receive mode, Eco level 5, all filters off (TS,CC, etc),Rx: 439,0875 TX: 431,4875, Talkgroup 1, battery 100%.

With the previous beta (OpenGD77.2021-12-19.2132.bin), I never observed a reboot.
I'm using CPS version E2021.12.13.01
Any advice, what next steps I could take to support you in the debuggin process?

Thanks

73 de OE2WHP

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:56 am

OE2WHP wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:23 pm
Hi,

I first noticed it has rebooted, when my satellite data were suddenly gone despite I have suspend option set to on.
After the reboot KEPs are gone, time and date are gone. GPS location is still to what I had set it.
Device is in receive mode, Eco level 5, all filters off (TS,CC, etc),Rx: 439,0875 TX: 431,4875, Talkgroup 1, battery 100%.

With the previous beta (OpenGD77.2021-12-19.2132.bin), I never observed a reboot.
Any advice, what next steps I could take to support you in the debuggin process?

Thanks

73 de OE2WHP
Hi!
Just for curiosity, a short question: Why do you have the CC filter off ? It looks you're operating on the regular HAM repeater frequency, so the CC is well known and easily searchable. There is a lot of information regarding the CC filter on this forum, I believe that the name "filter" is a bit misleading, it should be called "CC Scan" - and to prevent more misunderstanding, I would present it in scan features, not as a filter. Turning CC filter OFF means starting a special scan mode very similar to the CTCSS scan - the DMR chip is periodically reprogrammed with different CCs to check, whether it synces on a signal. It's a lot of traffic on the buses and the chip possibly sometimes may respond with a broken frame (which you normally hear as a strange sound on the beginning of the reception) but possibly sometimes the frame can be damaged in a way that it crashes the firmware (including the codec taken from the original firmware) so it restarts.
And a short idea to the developers: Wouldn't be better to do, what I suggested above - to move the CC filter to the scan functions and change
CC filter off -> CC scan on
CC filter on -> CC scan off
because it seems that a lot of people doesn't exactly understand, how the CC filter is done and that it's a form of scan, not just a simple On/Off feature ignoring/not ignoring some signal from a chip or a word from the frame...

With regards / 73,
Pavel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:56 am

Pavel

I agree.
The name of "CC Filter" is missleading. This function casues a lot of problems and confusion.

This function almost randomly tries different CC numbers until there is a match, because the C6000 DMR chip always requires a CC value to be set. i.e It does not have an option to disable the CC filtering.

OE2WHP

Post by OE2WHP » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:20 pm

Pavel,

to be honest, I'm relatively new to DMR and still don't fully comprehend how everything works. I see the green RX LED going on quite often without hearing any audio, so I thought I'll give it a try with these setting and as this were the settings when the reboots occured I wrote it in my post.

ok1pt

Post by ok1pt » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:32 pm

OE2WHP wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:20 pm
Pavel,

to be honest, I'm relatively new to DMR and still don't fully comprehend how everything works. I see the green RX LED going on quite often without hearing any audio, so I thought I'll give it a try with these setting and as this were the settings when the reboots occured I wrote it in my post.
Hi,
ok, I fully understand. Seeing the green LED on but hearing nothing is one of the typical situations, which may confuse "digitally unexperienced" people.
As it is the ham frequency, at first I would check (ask somebody or try to find it on the net), whether the repeater is pure DMR or possibly multi-mode (either FM/DMR or digital multi-mode like DMR + D-STAR + C4FM + ...).
You can also press & hold the blue button, when the LED glows but nothing is heard - the radio should switch temporarily to FM and open the audio path, so you can check, what's on the frequency. It may be just some interference from another strong signal (the selectivity of these radios isn't perfect) or it may be a different digital mode or even an FM transmission.

With regards & 73,
Pavel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:21 am

OE2WHP wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:23 pm
Hi,

Thanks

73 de OE2WHP
Please try the new beta

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2082

Please test it with the TS and CC filter settings which were crashing in the last version, becasue we would like to know whether the changes have fixed the problem, even though normally you should not be disabling the CC filter

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:22 am

There is now a new beta with some bug fixes from Daniel F1RMB

Please see this post

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2082