Localistion support (foreign languages)

M6KDU

Re: Localistion support (foreign languages)

Post by M6KDU » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:02 am

IZ2EIB wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:43 pm
Hi guys.
Here is the updated italian.h ... files ...
Ciao Fabio, ho aggiornato la traduzione di .buttons "bottoni" nel tuo file con la parola che mi sembra piu' corretta, cioe' 'pulsanti'. Cosa ne pensi?

Hi Fabio, I have updated the translation of .buttons "bottoni" with the word 'pulsanti' that I think it is more appropriate. What do you think?

Facci sapere.

Andrea IW4EIB/M6KDU

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:32 pm

M6KDU wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:02 am

Hi Fabio, I have updated the translation of .buttons "bottoni" with the word 'pulsanti' that I think it is more appropriate. What do you think?
Hi Andrea.
That is fine for me, no problem.
Actually I had thought of using the same translation you wrote, but honestly not being clear to me the context where the word should have been used, I preferred not to go away too much from the English term originally used.
I believe that the translated term you propose will still be suitable, in any case I would wait to know the exact context for its use before making a final decision, if only to avoid overtime to Roger / Daniel in case the need arises to change further the wording in order to adapt it to the actual use scenario.

---

Ciao Andrea.
Per me va bene, nessun problema.
In realtà avevo pensato di usare la stessa traduzione che hai scritto, però onestamente non essendomi chiaro il contesto dove avrebbe dovuto essere usata la parola, ho preferito non discostarmi troppo dal termine inglese usato orgiginariamente.
Io ritengo che il termine tradotto che proponi sarà comunque adatto, ad ogni modo attenderei di conoscere l'esatto contesto per il suo impiego prima di decidere definitivamente, non fosse altro per evitare lavoro straordinario a Roger / Daniel nel caso si presentasse la necessità di cambiare ulteriormente la dicitura per adattarla all'effettivo scenario di impiego.

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:05 pm

I posted the latest build here

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 303855.zip

in relation to another bug

Please try that version, as it also has all the other updates, including the button to activate the backlight, and the disable feature for the LEDs

It also has various other changes, both bug fixes and internal code reorganisation

DMR repeaters can now be received correctly when the radio is in Simplex mode (Tx and Rx frequencies are the same)

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 pm

thanks, voice cuts off a bit early for me when reading frequency, maybe because im on echo level 4, but i dont mind that :)
73 de Ken :D

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:15 pm

m1dyp wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 pm
thanks, voice cuts off a bit early for me when reading frequency, maybe because im on echo level 4, but i dont mind that :)
The Eco level is supposed to not engage until the voice prompt has ended.

Do you mean the frequency readout if getting terminated ?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:15 am

OK. I see what you mean.

The voice prompts get cut off on Eco Level 4.

I'm sure this did not used to be a problem, but something in the recent changes must have broken this.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:50 am

m1dyp wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 pm
This version should fix that bug

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 031247.zip

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:12 am

thank you , will try it
73 de Ken :D

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:47 am

Another update to the latest build

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 031642.zip

CTCSS squelch hold time has been reduced from 250ms to 125ms because of a bug report. However the CTCSS hold time is a tradeoff between weak signal performance, overdeviation performance and squelch tail length.

CTCSS is not designed to replace squelch completely, its just an additional way to reduce squelch miss triggering because of QRM

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Hi Roger.
Thank you for changing your mind about adding the possibility of activating or deactivating the LEDs, this makes me very happy.
Finally now I can enjoy the chance to listen to the DMR in the most complete darkness, when previously the flashing of the LEDs was quite annoying to me.
Many, many thanks Roger!

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the ".buttons" entry in the new LANGUAGE.h file?
Thanks.

I am pretty sure I did not dream of it, but last night when I updated my GD-77 with the new firmware OpenGD77_20210303855, a message in English with confirmation request (OK) has appeared inherent to the upgrade.
Unfortunately I pressed OK (green button) without paying too much attention to what was written on the display and with subsequent updates I have not seen it anymore.
What is it about?
Thanks.

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB