CPS Updated

VK3KYY

CPS Updated

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 am

The CPS has been updated

https://www.opengd77.com/downloads/CPS/ ... .14.01.exe

Thanks to Daniel for his fixes in this version.

Note. This version of CPS will be needed to install future versions of the firmware, because I had to make some changes to the memory map of the firmware, becasue of the shortage of ROM space.

So I recommend you load this CPS now, ready for future versions of the firmware, including the next public beta

W9YA

Re: CPS Updated

Post by W9YA » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:37 pm

Hey Roger;

UM...will the memory map changes affect the codeplug location ?
ALSO....will the linux-tranfer program need to be updated ?

I'm using the linux-transfer program:
https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php? ... FER#p12378
(More specifically this download: https://www.opengd77.com/download/file.php?id=1138)

(AND, of course, I am using mono to load the/'your:
FirmwareLoader-Linux.exe
....so I am sure any firmware location/changes will be covered....)

TIA for the/an answer and VY 73 om de "baab" w9ya

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:11 pm

W9YA wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:37 pm
Hey Roger;

ALSO....will the linux-tranfer program need to be updated ?

I'm using the linux-transfer program:
https://www.opengd77.com/viewtopic.php? ... FER#p12378
(More specifically this download: https://www.opengd77.com/download/file.php?id=1138)

(AND, of course, I am using mono to load the/'your:
FirmwareLoader-Linux.exe
....so I am sure any firmware location/changes will be covered....)

TIA for the/an answer and VY 73 om de "baab" w9ya
I don't maintain that program, its done by someone else.

I have uploaded the firmware loader linux and also the gd-77_firmware_loader.py, but you'd need to ask the author of that other program to update his code based on the python fimware loader

See

https://www.opengd77.com/downloads/Publ ... 914/tools/

oh1fss

Post by oh1fss » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 am

I am the author of program GD77transfer.py, which reads/writes the codeplug and also calibration|flash|eeprom|mcurom.

I'm waiting for the stable release and I intend to update GD77transfer.py when I get information on the changes to codeplug memory address and format (and also calibration|flash|eeprom|mcurom).

When I wrote GD77transfer.py, I looked at the source code for the CPS to find out codeplug memory address and format. Where is the source code of the new CPS now?

Also I intend to make a Python program to support uploading satellite data to GD77 and RD-5R, when I get the necessary information.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:33 am

oh1fss wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 am
I am the author of program GD77transfer.py, which reads/writes the codeplug and also calibration|flash|eeprom|mcurom.

I'm waiting for the stable release and I intend to update GD77transfer.py when I get information on the changes to codeplug memory address and format (and also calibration|flash|eeprom|mcurom).

When I wrote GD77transfer.py, I looked at the source code for the CPS to find out codeplug memory address and format. Where is the source code of the new CPS now?

Also I intend to make a Python program to support uploading satellite data to GD77 and RD-5R, when I get the necessary information.
There were legal issues with the CPS source code, because it is decompiled from the official CPS, so I had to remove the CPS sources from github.
I do not want any legal issues, hence at the moment I am unlikely to publish the source code anywhere.
With the firmware it no longer contains any parts from the official firmware, again becuase of legal problems.
Hence why the person installing the firmware must download the latest official firmware themselves, which the loader merges with OpenGD77 firmware to make the binary which is uploaded to the radio.

The details of the firmeare loading system is in the python loader.

oh1fss

Post by oh1fss » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:05 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:33 am
oh1fss wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:46 am
The details of the firmeare loading system is in the python loader.
The program GD77transfer.py does not handle loading the firmware. There is already program gd-77_firmware_loader.py for loading the firmware, so there is no need for yet another Python program for that.

However, a program for handling codeplugs and calibration|flash|eeprom|mcurom in Python is needed, because the CPS can't do that in Linux.

In order to be able to update GD77transfer.py for handling codeplugs and calibration|flash|eeprom|mcurom for the new betas I need exact information about what has changed.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:30 am

OK.

I'm a bit confused W9YA said he could not update the fimware becuse the "linux transfer" program was not up to date.

The codeplug has nothing to do with the firmware they are entirely separate.,

But if your program doesnt update the firmware, I'm not sure why W9YA referenced it

oh1fss

Post by oh1fss » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:41 am

W9YA mentioned my program and wrote:
W9YA wrote:
So are the addresses and format of the codeplug changed in the new beta compared to the latest releases?

And what is the procedure to upload satellite data, I'd like to code that in Python so that I can do it in Linux.
VK3KYY wrote:
There were legal issues with the CPS source code, because it is decompiled from the official CPS, so I had to remove the CPS sources from github.
Would it be possible to separate the decompiled code and the code written by the OpenGD77 project? As fas as I know, the codeplug upload/download and satellite functionality is not decompiled. So is there any problem in publishing it?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:20 am

oh1fss wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:41 am
W9YA mentioned my program and wrote:
W9YA wrote:
So are the addresses and format of the codeplug changed in the new beta compared to the latest releases?

And what is the procedure to upload satellite data, I'd like to code that in Python so that I can do it in Linux.
VK3KYY wrote:
Would it be possible to separate the decompiled code and the code written by the OpenGD77 project? As fas as I know, the codeplug upload/download and satellite functionality is not decompiled. So is there any problem in publishing it?
The codeplug format has not changed, hence why I now don't understand the post by W9YA

Your program should still work just fine

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:26 am

I just checked my post. and I made it clear that the CPS update is needed to install the firmware
This version of CPS will be needed to install future versions of the firmware
I said nothing about codeplug format being changed