[From May 29th] New ongoing "Development" version has been created

ZL1OW

Re: [From May 29th] New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by ZL1OW » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:19 am

Thanks for the links Ken, I found that I had them all, however have re downloaded and put them into a NEW OPENGD77 storage folder :)
Radio is working ok but on the original OpenGD77, will now set it up for the latest.
The trouble with ageing is that the brain starts misbehaving.... :lol:

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:35 am

you are welcome

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:40 am

Hi,
ZL1OW wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:14 am
K4ED wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:38 pm
First time with the new process, but basically easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

1. Downloaded and installed the June 10 CPS
2. Download the zip file from from Radioddity, extract the GD-77_V4.3.6.sgl file.
3. Download the June 10 OpenGD77.bin File
4. Run the new CPS from the desktop
5. Connect the radio to the computer via the UDB to speaker / Mic cable with Radio ff
6. Turn radio on while pressing the blue and black buttons on the left.
7. In the CPS program, select the Extras, then Firmware Loader
8. Point the CPS to the locations of the *.sgl file and the location of the *.bin file
9. Load firmware.
10. When it's done, unplug radio from USB cable, turn off and on
11. Enjoy!!!!
Wish this had been up the other week, got GD-77_V4.3.6.sgl file loaded, but then did something not correct and ended up having to do a reset.
Now, the reference to June 10 OpenGD77.bin File, I have OpenGD77.bin, dated June 18, is this okay, if not where is the June 10 file to be found ??
I think it's just a typo, the firmware is from June 13 (Beta).

Cheers.
---
Daniel

K4ED

Post by K4ED » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:54 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:40 am
I think it's just a typo, the firmware is from June 13 (Beta).
Cheers.
---
Daniel
My bad. :-( I corrected my original, "simplified install steps" post.

OK1TE

Post by OK1TE » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:41 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:14 am
Notes.

Source code will be released if this version proves to be stable and has no major bugs.
Hi, thank you very much for the new beta. As Daniel has amazingly quickly fixed the GD77S related flaws it seems to be stable now. Please, can we look forward to the source code?

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Hi,

Currently Roger is really busy, so you will have to wait a little more for the next release of the firmware and source code (more bugs were fixed, the firmware is still under testing).

Cheers.
---
Daniel

W9YA

Post by W9YA » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:10 pm

YES !!!

Adding "Adds and Changes" to the RX-Group-Lists from the keypad would be OUTSTANDING.

(And so far, it's FB on the latest beta release for me ....)

es vy 73 de "baab" w9ya

trengking wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:22 am
The beta version 13 June 2021 is superb, so far so good, no bugs detected in my DM1801. The spectrum sweep is a sweet thing to play with :)

I wonder, if possible in the future, can we edit the RX Group List (TG List) directly from the radio? Sometimes we only want to hear some talkgroups meanwhile ignoring other talkgroup.

I can hear any talkgroups without turning on DMR Filter. When i want to hear a specific talkgroup, i will turn on the DMR filter to TG or CT. when i want to hear multiple talkgroups, i activate the RxG Filter.

turns out i occasionally hear new talkgroup to listen to, but i can't add it into my existing RxG directly from the radio, i must wait until i get to my PC to add it through CPS.

it is not such important thing though, i wish we can see this kind feature in the future :)

thanks Roger, Daniel, Colin, Kai and all the team involved in this project.

Cheers.

ve2ugo

Post by ve2ugo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:39 am

Hi,

I downloaded the latest beta version. I did a test with some channels and when I put TS 2 in the CPS it indicates TS1 in the radio but transmits in TS2.

Is it possible to add in the CPS the cut/paste, insert and up/down function for the channels and the TG? This would help to navigate.

Thanks! 73!

ve2ugo

Post by ve2ugo » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:26 am

Hi,

I just redid the tests. If I download again, randomly, the TS changes from 1 to 2 regardless of the programming in the CPS. If I manually change a TS on the radio, all les canaux changent pour ce TS. Donc il est inutile de programmer in TS sur un canal si rendu dans la radio le TS ne suit pas et qu'il faut constamment vérifier si les configurations sont conforme...

Has anyone noticed this?

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:44 am

Hi,
ve2ugo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:39 am
Hi,

I downloaded the latest beta version. I did a test with some channels and when I put TS 2 in the CPS it indicates TS1 in the radio but transmits in TS2.

Is it possible to add in the CPS the cut/paste, insert and up/down function for the channels and the TG? This would help to navigate.

Thanks! 73!
Is the TS2 channels are simplex or duplex ? (Simplex channels always transmit on TS2).
If it displays TS1, maybe you set a TS override: long press '*' key will clear the override (if you want to have a visual feedback of the override, go in the "Display Options", and set "Info" to "TS", or "Both").

Cheers.
---
Daniel