Eco Levels

VK3KYY

Re: Eco Levels

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:45 pm

EA5SW wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:43 pm
I have now Filters CC,DMR, and TS in OFF

For me only problem is audio, bright, information in screen, led RX etc are ok, audio only returns after some time, dissapear after a TX in the hotspot, or in next TX, but always is the no sound "bug".
Does this happen on Eco Level 0 ?

I'm trying to determine if this is caused by the Eco levels or a load of other changes I made.

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:54 pm

For me only in Levels 1-4

ON6XX

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by ON6XX » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:59 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:52 pm
ON6XX wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:44 pm
I also experience the same in Ecomode 1 to 4. Device does go into rx (green led turns on) and no audio. Sometimes the audio comes back after a long time. Device is always in DMR mode.

The radio does not enter power saving on Level 1 for 10 seconds after a signal has ended.
On Level 4 this delay is only 2 seconds.

You can tell if the radio entered power saving, especially on Level 3 and 4 because the RSSI does not update so frequently.

Does the radio stop detecting signals at all when on Eco Level 1 to 4, or only after the delay when it has entered power saving ?

Does the display backlight come one ?
Is it just the audio which does not occur ?
Does this problem affect FM as well as DMR ?
Do you have CC filtering disabled ?
Or any other non-default filtering ?
I did a reset first. This has not helped. I have not been able to determine the problem on FM. I have done the test on ecomode 4. Problem indeed occurs after 2 sec. so when the ecomode becomes active. (on eco 1 the problem came after 10 sec.). Display and green led become active but no audio. sometimes the audio comes back spontaneously. Settings:
Filter-None, DMR filter-none, cc filter-on, TS filter-on.

PS
I did the test simplex and also via hotspot and Repaeter. With cc filter off the same problem.

I hope this info can be helpful. Grtz Patrick

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:32 pm

ON6XX wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:59 pm
I did a reset first. This has not helped. I have not been able to determine the problem on FM. I have done the test on ecomode 4. Problem indeed occurs after 2 sec. so when the ecomode becomes active. (on eco 1 the problem came after 10 sec.). Display and green led become active but no audio. sometimes the audio comes back spontaneously. Settings:

PS
I did the test simplex and also via hotspot and Repaeter. With cc filter off the same problem.

Thanks

I tested with CC and TS filers off, but my radio(s) still work OK.

Generally it is not recommended to disable CC filter, because this actually causes the radio to scan for CC

If this is a DMR specific problem, its possible that the DMR chip has some problems with the power saving.

I'll try making a Test version later to explore what may be causing this

PS. I have logged this as a bug on GitHub

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... issues/904

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:59 am

ON6XX wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:59 pm

PS

What network and server is your hotspot connected to ?
Is it simplex or duplex.

This may be a "late entry" DMR data problem, on some servers. i.e your local repeater could be on the same server as your hotspot

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:36 am

Can anyone with the DMR audio problem with the Eco levels please try this version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 151233.zip

Level 1 and 2 no longer power down the C6000 as part of the power saving, but levels 3 and 4 are the same as in the Beta version.

Please confirm whether the bug if fixed in Level 1 and 2, but is still there at level 3 and 4

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:15 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:36 am
Can anyone with the DMR audio problem with the Eco levels please try this version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 151233.zip

Level 1 and 2 no longer power down the C6000 as part of the power saving, but levels 3 and 4 are the same as in the Beta version.

Please confirm whether the bug if fixed in Level 1 and 2, but is still there at level 3 and 4
Testing now....Go work with GD77 in pocket... inform later

Fast UPDATE: 1 & 2 dont cut the audio, 3 & 4 cuts the audio...

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:35 am

EA5SW wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:15 am

Testing now....Go work with GD77 in pocket... inform later

Fast UPDATE: 1 & 2 dont cut the audio, 3 & 4 cuts the audio...
Thanks.

Its a problem with the DMR chip, but why it only happens on some radios I don't know

I'll try making another change later to reset the DMR chip each time I wake it up, and see if that resolves the problem, because the DMR chip takes 25% of the current when the radio is in power saving mode.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:06 am

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:35 pm

Level 4 Audio same bug but more long in time and need a lot of key presses to return to hear audio again.

test now level 3