Eco Levels

VK3KYY

Re: Eco Levels

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:18 am

W8LIO wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:32 am
I just experienced the loss of receive audio on ECO level 1, my battery was at 38%. It would drop in and out for more than 15 seconds at a time, switching channels did not help. Even turning the radio off and on did not do anything either. I am using Beta 16th Feb 2021
Thankyou.

I can see a problem

If the radio plays the low power beep when its in power saving, something strange is happening

I don't know if the low battery beeps are playing for you, but this definitively causes problems

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:31 am

EA5SW wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:50 pm
Fisrt test appears that work well as reset version... See you tomorrow
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think I found a conflict between the Beep and probably also with the voice prompts and the power saving code.

I also found another mistake I made in the code, which I need to correct

I will do a separate version to fix those problems

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:27 am

EA5SW wrote:
I think I found something related to the audio problem

Try this version first

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 171425.zip

W8LIO

Post by W8LIO » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:14 am

Thankyou.

I can see a problem

If the radio plays the low power beep when its in power saving, something strange is happening

I don't know if the low battery beeps are playing for you, but this definitively causes problems.
I didn't hear any beeps, but perhaps I was on the verge of getting to that point at 38%.

Needless to say, I was listening on this radio for many hours today, I left the room for an hour, came back to the radio and noticed it was receiving, but there was no audio. I used another radio to confirm my suspicions. I immediately put the radio on charge for 3 hours. I have the radio on right now and have not experienced loss of audio. Tomorrow I will try to see if I experience the same thing when the battery drains to around the same percentage.

I don't know if this could be related, but at the time I was lacking audio on the GD-77, I was watching my dashboard and there were two parallel conversations being received by the gd-77 on two different time slots (which is normal for me) but they were lengthy conversations. Perhaps something was being pushed too hard signal-wise or something of the sort. Just a random bit of information.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:28 am

W8LIO wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:14 am
Thankyou.

I can see a problem

I don't know if the low battery beeps are playing for you, but this definitively causes problems.
I didn't hear any beeps, but perhaps I was on the verge of getting to that point at 38%.

Needless to say, I was listening on this radio for many hours today, I left the room for an hour, came back to the radio and noticed it was receiving, but there was no audio. I used another radio to confirm my suspicions. I immediately put the radio on charge for 3 hours. I have the radio on right now and have not experienced loss of audio. Tomorrow I will try to see if I experience the same thing when the battery drains to around the same percentage.

I don't know if this could be related, but at the time I was lacking audio on the GD-77, I was watching my dashboard and there were two parallel conversations being received by the gd-77 on two different time slots (which is normal for me) but they were lengthy conversations. Perhaps something was being pushed too hard signal-wise or something of the sort. Just a random bit of information.
I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, and it can be triggered by the low battery beep, and potentially by other beeps.

But I can't see why the firmware would play any other beeps when the radio is left unattended.

I've posted a fix for the low battery problem,

but I need to wait for the 2 guy in Europe who also have the same problem, but not when their batteries are flat (well I presume they are not flat, but they could be), to test the fix.

I may need to do another fix, if the last zip file I posted doesn't fix the problem.

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:40 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:27 am
EA5SW wrote:

Try this version first

Good morning.. just installed this version.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:44 am

EA5SW wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:40 am
VK3KYY wrote:
EA5SW wrote:

Try this version first

OK.

I know what is wrong with the C6000 / audio, but I'm not 100% sure why the C6000 is in that mode.

Hopefully the latest update will fix it, but if not I can add some more code to force the audio path register in the C6000

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:55 am

EA5SW wrote:
VK3KYY wrote:
EA5SW wrote:

Try this version first

With this version the problems returns, lost of audio in some QSO's and also in the menus, no beep or voices until you "force" again in some point that audio voice prompts or beep returns....

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:56 am

EA5SW wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:55 am
EA5SW wrote:
VK3KYY wrote:

Try this version first

With this version the problems returns, lost of audio in some QSO's and also in the menus, no beep or voices until you "force" again in some point that audio voice prompts or beep returns....
OK.

Please wait.

I'll make a new version to force the audio path in the C6000, but also the problem may be the analogue audio path.

Let me try the digital path first and then look at the analog / physical path

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:02 am

EA5SW wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:55 am
I have emailed you a update, because it is quicker for me than to make a zip file and upload it etc etc

BTW. I know I will be able to fix this, but I need to find the least number of commands to send to the C6000 DMR chip