VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:15 am

SQ4FAE wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:56 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:36 am
OK.

So you are saying that in Eco Level 1 - 4 there is not Tx Start beep.

What happens on simplex?

Note.
The radio will not enter the power saving for between 2 and 10 seconds after there is no signal and the radio has not been used and is not scanning and not in Dual Watch VFO.

e.g. If you have Eco Level 1, the radio will not go into power saving until 10 seconds after the repeater stops transmitting.

If you press PTT before 10 seconds, the radio is not doing anything different
Eco Level 1 - 4 there is not Tx Start beep.
I only use duplex mode on the repeater (mmdvm).
Sending on echotest dmrplus ID 9990 the radio does not receive the return signal (ecolevel 1-4)
Its unclear whether your radio is even transmitting. If there is not Beep then its probably not connecting to your hotspot.

I am not able to replicate your problem.

I can't help with this.

Even Level 0 in this version consumes much less current than in the previous stable version, so I recommend you just use Eco Level 0.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:37 am

Hi,
SQ4FAE wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:56 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:36 am
OK.

So you are saying that in Eco Level 1 - 4 there is not Tx Start beep.

What happens on simplex?

Note.
The radio will not enter the power saving for between 2 and 10 seconds after there is no signal and the radio has not been used and is not scanning and not in Dual Watch VFO.

e.g. If you have Eco Level 1, the radio will not go into power saving until 10 seconds after the repeater stops transmitting.

If you press PTT before 10 seconds, the radio is not doing anything different
Eco Level 1 - 4 there is not Tx Start beep.
I only use duplex mode on the repeater (mmdvm).
Sending on echotest dmrplus ID 9990 the radio does not receive the return signal (ecolevel 1-4)
What's wondering me is the way it's described.

In Duplex mode, the start beep is played once the repeater is awaken and synchonized to your HT.
If you hit the PTT before the repeater ends its transmission, you can get a false beep.
In any digital transmission, you HAVE to wait the repeater stop transmitting before pressing the PTT key (and yes, many, many operators don't do this, and this is bad, because there are network latencies, and it make also impossible to break in a running QSO).
If you don't get any parrot voice reply, it looks like your data didn't get routed to the server, at all. If you have a way to monitor the server traffic, I suggest you to make some tests, to check this.

I did another run of tests locally, on a dual hotspot, and I'm unable to reproduce any beep/audio problem.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

SQ4FAE

Post by SQ4FAE » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:18 pm

EA5SW wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:44 am
Hello, in my GD77 it also happens that it does not activate the audio amplifier again after waiting periods of ECO level 1-4
The equipment does receive the transmission but the audio amplifier does not activate, you have to press the keys several times until it is activated again, and in many cases the audio is distorted for a few seconds.
Yes, the same symptom is in my GD77.

ON6XX

Post by ON6XX » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:44 pm

I also experience the same in Ecomode 1 to 4. Device does go into rx (green led turns on) and no audio. Sometimes the audio comes back after a long time. Device is always in DMR mode.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:00 pm

Hi,

Okay, could you all give more details (e.g. Duplex, Simplex), enabled/disabled filters, if listening to BM, which TG ?
Also, for the ones using PiStar, as you survey with it, any transmission < 2 secs have to be ignored, as it's just operator dynamically linking to the given TG.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:58 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:00 pm
Hi,

Okay, could you all give more details (e.g. Duplex, Simplex), enabled/disabled filters, if listening to BM, which TG ?
Also, for the ones using PiStar, as you survey with it, any transmission < 2 secs have to be ignored, as it's just operator dynamically linking to the given TG.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
DMR simplex and duplex mode (Hotspot and repeater) with or without filters works same, some hams here says me that with some filters appears more often.

I use my own Pi image with hotspots no Pi-Star or similars, the repeater are an Hytera RD625 that i have in my house now.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:23 pm

Hi,
EA5SW wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:58 pm
F1RMB wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:00 pm
Hi,

Cheers.
---
Daniel
DMR simplex and duplex mode (Hotspot and repeater) with or without filters works same, some hams here says me that with some filters appears more often.

I use my own Pi image with hotspots no Pi-Star or similars, the repeater are an Hytera RD625 that i have in my house now.

Could you try to reset your settings and see if it's still happen ?

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Daniel

That's a good idea.

I should probably have not tried to add a setting without bumping the settings version number

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:52 pm

ON6XX wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:44 pm
I also experience the same in Ecomode 1 to 4. Device does go into rx (green led turns on) and no audio. Sometimes the audio comes back after a long time. Device is always in DMR mode.

The radio does not enter power saving on Level 1 for 10 seconds after a signal has ended.
On Level 4 this delay is only 2 seconds.

You can tell if the radio entered power saving, especially on Level 3 and 4 because the RSSI does not update so frequently.

Does the radio stop detecting signals at all when on Eco Level 1 to 4, or only after the delay when it has entered power saving ?

Does the display backlight come one ?
Is it just the audio which does not occur ?
Does this problem affect FM as well as DMR ?
Do you have CC filtering disabled ?
Or any other non-default filtering ?

EA5SW

Re: Eco Levels

Post by EA5SW » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:43 pm

I have now Filters CC,DMR, and TS in OFF

For me only problem is audio, bright, information in screen, led RX etc are ok, audio only returns after some time, dissapear after a TX in the hotspot, or in next TX, but always is the no sound "bug".