Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:39 am
Backup my eeprom
Thanks.

I made another test version

Soft Reset of C6000.

Can you try this ?

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... _C6000.zip
downloading
BTW. I tried to copy your settings from your EEPROM into my EEPROM backup, but it still did not cause any problems

I'm running the Soft Reset version at the moment.

But I never had any problems in any version :-(

OK2HAD

Re: Eco Levels

Post by OK2HAD » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:01 am
OK2HAD wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:50 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:44 am

Thanks.

I made another test version

Soft Reset of C6000.

Can you try this ?

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... _C6000.zip
downloading
BTW. I tried to copy your settings from your EEPROM into my EEPROM backup, but it still did not cause any problems

I'm running the Soft Reset version at the moment.

But I never had any problems in any version :-(
in the soft reset version I observe this:
1. When setting eco level 1 - 3, when the signal arrives, the display shows the ID mark, the green LED is lit. There is no modulation sound from the speaker. There is only noise. The sound is activated only after pressing the button that emits a sound. The sound is activated from time to time when the connection is accidentally lost during a session (sound is cut).
2. With this soft version I also have a problem with the sound of the keys. Setting the beep level values ​​to -3db, -6db, -9db .......... will cause the key sound to disappear after one minute. The key sound is activated only after setting the beep level to 0db, + 3db .......
3. I also noticed that the error listed as No. 2 is not related to a problem with DMR audio reception. The beep level setting does not affect DMR audio reception.

I'm watching this thing too. If the operator I'm listening to modulation is heavier - rather bass, the sound will not be activated. If the modulation at the operator is more in pitch, the sound is sometimes activated. I am testing on a simplex hotspot mmdvm pi-star connected to the BM 2302 Czech republic network.
I'm still testing the radio's behavior when listening through local converters. I'm out of reach right now.
note: my radio currently has 72% battery. After 4 hours -5%

Update: The same sound problem is when operating through repeater locations

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:28 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:54 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:02 am
EA5SW wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:55 am
With this version the problems returns, lost of audio in some QSO's and also in the menus, no beep or voices until you "force" again in some point that audio voice prompts or beep returns....
I have emailed you a update, because it is quicker for me than to make a zip file and upload it etc etc

BTW. I know I will be able to fix this, but I need to find the least number of commands to send to the C6000 DMR chip
Probably blocked as spam

I now put it on github

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... _music.zip

If it doesnt work

Try

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... e_init.zip

And level 1, 2 and 3

Tell me which levels it works.
Testet Both same or similar problems that before...now testing Soft reset

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:41 pm

OK..

I had expected the soft reset re initialisation to solve the probllem. But perhaps I omitted one other setup which is required. Possibly something with the calibration

I will look again

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:42 pm

BTW

Did you try the other versions which has different initialisation for each eco level 1 2 and 3 ?

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:07 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:42 pm
BTW

Did you try the other versions which has different initialisation for each eco level 1 2 and 3 ?
i return to variable init and test in level 3, sorry my mistake, i only test this in level 4.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 pm

OK

In the Soft Reset version, I forgot to resend the custom calibration data for the individual radio to the C6000

So I made a new version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... ibrate.zip

However, I don't think this will fix the problem.

Please can both of you make a video showing your exact setup, and TG etc, because at the moment I don't understand if this is some problem with your individual radio hardware, or whether its a problem caused by individual setup.

Although the version from 16th does not have this bug, it consumes 20% more current from the battery when in Level 4, and probably 10% more in level 3, 5% more in level 2 and 2% more in level 1.

So for level 1, this is not so important, but for the other levels, I need to release a version which saves up to 20% more current on Level 4

OK2HAD

Post by OK2HAD » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:02 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 pm
OK

In the Soft Reset version, I forgot to resend the custom calibration data for the individual radio to the C6000

So I made a new version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... ibrate.zip

However, I don't think this will fix the problem.

Please can both of you make a video showing your exact setup, and TG etc, because at the moment I don't understand if this is some problem with your individual radio hardware, or whether its a problem caused by individual setup.

Although the version from 16th does not have this bug, it consumes 20% more current from the battery when in Level 4, and probably 10% more in level 3, 5% more in level 2 and 2% more in level 1.

So for level 1, this is not so important, but for the other levels, I need to release a version which saves up to 20% more current on Level 4
Hi, I'm testing this version tomorrow. Now our night starts here :-)
I tested the version at level 1, 2 and 3. Always the same problem.

I uploaded to youtube a video where my settings are. Finally, you can see the problem with my radio with the beep level setting below 0db. I didn't have this problem in the github versions.
When testing I use beep level + 3db.

Quick menu orange button only setting TS filter: off + other items quick menu basic settings without change.

https://youtu.be/GdF2b6CYpvY

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:02 am

EA5SW wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:07 pm
i return to variable init and test in level 3, sorry my mistake, i only test this in level 4.
Thanks for your videos

I think the problem may be the audio connection from the CPU to the DMR chip.

I have done another version which suspends the audio system in the DMR chip before the DMR chip is put into sleep mode, and then after the DMR chip is woken up, the audio system is reset

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... et_I2S.zip

Also, because of the bug reported by OK2HAD, I looked at the problem when the beep volume is changed.

I can't find a bug related to the beep volume, but I did find some other bugs, because of a conflict when the radio is receiving a DMR signal and a beep is played a the same time, and during Tx when the timeout beep is played.

I don't think the changes in this version will fix the beep volume problem, but they were bugs, so they needed to be fixed.

Anyway, try this version.

BTW.

Also if there is still no Rx audio when a signal is received, can you try just changing channel.
Can you also disable Voice Prompts before testing, because I need to fix this for most people who do not use Voice Prompts.

Thanks

EA5SW

Post by EA5SW » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:03 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:02 am
EA5SW wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:07 pm
Thanks for your videos

I think the problem may be the audio connection from the CPU to the DMR chip.

I have done another version which suspends the audio system in the DMR chip before the DMR chip is put into sleep mode, and then after the DMR chip is woken up, the audio system is reset

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... et_I2S.zip

Also, because of the bug reported by OK2HAD, I looked at the problem when the beep volume is changed.

I can't find a bug related to the beep volume, but I did find some other bugs, because of a conflict when the radio is receiving a DMR signal and a beep is played a the same time, and during Tx when the timeout beep is played.

I don't think the changes in this version will fix the beep volume problem, but they were bugs, so they needed to be fixed.

Anyway, try this version.

BTW.

Also if there is still no Rx audio when a signal is received, can you try just changing channel.
Can you also disable Voice Prompts before testing, because I need to fix this for most people who do not use Voice Prompts.

Thanks
Installed this version now, thanks Roger.

EDIT.- This version is more difficult exit from sleep, if disconnect the Voiceprompts I need to pass for the audio menu, and change the volume of beep to return to have sound, tested levels 2-3-4
Last edited by EA5SW on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.