Re: CPS Update

Post by IU8OGE » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:05 pm

I have the release 16-10-2020 and this menu are still in place

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:58 pm

I have made a new Pre-Release CPS version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.24

This CPS is still in development and some features in the CPS are not currently supported in the firmware

The main change is to add the facility to download any specific version of the firmware, in the hope that this makes it easier for people to test new pre-release versions

* Added functionality on the Firmware Loader to allow a specific firmware version to be downloaded and installed
* Re-enabled and modified the Basic Settings to and renamed "Band limits" (all other options from this screen have currently been removed)
* Removed the need for the leading zero on the DMR ID
* Changed the order of the various settings screen to make them more logical.
* Changed name of the screen that contains the DMR ID and Callsign information . Note the Callsign is not actually used by the firmware.

NOTE.
THE FIRMWARE DOES NOT CURRENTLY USE THE BAND LIMITS FROM THE CPS - THIS IS A PRE-RELEASE FEATURE IN THE CPS ONLY

PS.

I've only renamed the screen names in English, so I need people to update the xml files for the other languages.

Also.
People have commented that perhaps the "Radio ID" text should be changed to "DMR ID".
Technically it is setting the ID of the radio, but I'd be happy to accept suggestions for a better name for this in the CPS

IU8OGE

Post by IU8OGE » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:26 pm

Downloaded and installed and tested. Great work

Only one suggestion about firmware release I suppose the developmente version have a date and time more recent than the stable version, so I recommend updating the beta version date every time you make a change or add a release number that increases every time you make a change in order to make more clear that the beta version is more up-to-date than the stable, clearly remaining a beta release

thanks for your work

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:36 pm

IU8OGE wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:26 pm
Downloaded and installed and tested. Great work

Only one suggestion about firmware release I suppose the developmente version have a date and time more recent than the stable version, so I recommend updating the beta version date every time you make a change or add a release number that increases every time you make a change in order to make more clear that the beta version is more up-to-date than the stable, clearly remaining a beta release

thanks for your work
Unfortunately, this is a bug in Github.

I edited of some older releases in Github yesterday, because the old "Release Titles" was a code rather than a descriptive title.

But I then noticed that Github had changed the display order and the old Releases were brought to the top of the list .. Arrrghhh

In the future, I will need to avoid editing anything except the most recent release or pre-release, as there does not seem to be a way for me to set the date on a release.

The other option is for me to include the version number in the list and remove the "D" or "R" from the version number.

Unfortunately using "V" as the initial letter of the version would put these at the end of the list. So I'd either need to change all the letters to something else, or work out another way to naming the versions

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:50 pm

I've updated this pre-release CPS

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.24

So that the Firmware Loader now shows the "Version" number (aka tag_name in Github)

Note.
The columns are sortable, but by default it sorts by the first column, which is the date listed on Github

IU8OGE

Post by IU8OGE » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:59 pm

yes but my suggestion is to use number and not date for the release

for example
the stable is version r2020.10.16
the development has version d2020.10.10

So the development version seems to be older than the stable version and I suppose that have fix and update probabily daily

have goog night in italy is going late

thanks for your work

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:01 pm

IU8OGE wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:59 pm
yes but my suggestion is to use number and not date for the release

for example
the stable is version r2020.10.16
the development has version d2020.10.10

So the development version seems to be older than the stable version and I suppose that have fix and update probabily daily

have goog night in italy is going late

thanks for your work
I've updated the CPS to show this information

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:15 am

Ok merci
pas de problème pour le moment ! :mrgreen:

IU8OGE

Post by IU8OGE » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:28 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks perfect now

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:52 am

IU8OGE wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:28 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks perfect now
Cool....

BTW.

My favourite feature is now I can see the total downloads. I was unable to see this information on the normal Github "Analytics" screens