New ongoing "Development" version has been created

KI5GZK

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by KI5GZK » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:01 am

Okay, that's what I thought. I haven't seen any posts about this feature for a few days and was just curious what the status is.

Thank you for the information and your continued work on this firmware.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:32 am

I've released a new development version.

Click here for the details

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 0.11.12.01

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:13 am

thank you

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:43 pm

VITULLI_1 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:21 pm
Hello Everyone,

I have recently installed a duplex capable Hotspot where I can take advantage of the two TimeSlots and I did notice the same TS quirk. I wasn't sure at first but then I noticed I had to switch the TG and come back after which it seemed to fix itself but I haven't done extensive troubleshooting. The display seemed to show correctly; as inverted when the TS for the TG was different than the set TS. More troubleshooting needed. I have been trying to get the Hotspot tweaked before I can test more. I will try the latest Dev release in a few days and report...
The TS system is very complicated, in the Display Options. Set the Info setting to TS , to display whether the TS has an override applied by the Contact TG or you ( by pressing * ) etc

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:50 pm

VITULLI_1 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:40 pm
Nice. I must have missed that in the last few revs.

BTW, I did play with the recent dev rev of the FW and it seems to behave well... I will play more in the next few days and report anything strange that I notice.

Thank you.
The TS stuff got changed a few versions ago.

But if you didnt have a duplex hotspot prior to that, you would not notice.

The algorithm to determine which TS the operator wants is complex and takes into consideration the Channel TS, the Contact TG TS (if set) and also whether the operator manually overrides the TS by pressing *

Also, the TS for the Channel and for each VFO is independent.

W1CY

Post by W1CY » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:13 am

Hi Roger,

I hope you are doing well...

I have a reminder on my calendar to check for a new beta version every 10 days or so, and I was thinking what happened that I have not seen a new release after the NOV12 when the temperature feature was added.

I have read today your update on this forum, and I confess I was shocked that someone could sell the OPENGD77 firmware at eBay. I agree with you that what was listed was a sale disguised as "installation".

I do understand that DMR ID lock-in might be a necessary step to prevent this to happen again.

I would like to thank you for all you and the team have done. You transformed an average entry level DMR radio into an awesome radio. I have better radios such as the ANYTONE 878 and I still see myself using the GD77 more often, thanks to the OPENGD77 firmware. I even reserved one of my GD-77s to run only the beta code, so I can see the new features first hand, check the bugs fixed, and report new bugs, if any.

I hope we could block eBAY to offer such type of "service", but if not, I hope there is a way for the serious ham users to continue to enjoy this great firmware for personal use, as it should be, and no one should be selling the firmware they obtained for free.

THANK YOU!
73 de W1CY

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:30 pm

PURELY curious question...

What if Radioddity said they wanted OpenGD77 to be the stock firmware on the GD77? Kind of like how some wifi routers have OEM firmware or OpenWRT (or whatever other versions there are). I know it violates the "no commercial use" but that would be pretty exciting to see.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:19 pm

W1CY wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:13 am
Hi Roger,

I hope you are doing well...

I have a reminder on my calendar to check for a new beta version every 10 days or so, and I was thinking what happened that I have not seen a new release after the NOV12 when the temperature feature was added.

I have read today your update on this forum, and I confess I was shocked that someone could sell the OPENGD77 firmware at eBay. I agree with you that what was listed was a sale disguised as "installation".

I do understand that DMR ID lock-in might be a necessary step to prevent this to happen again.

I would like to thank you for all you and the team have done. You transformed an average entry level DMR radio into an awesome radio. I have better radios such as the ANYTONE 878 and I still see myself using the GD77 more often, thanks to the OPENGD77 firmware. I even reserved one of my GD-77s to run only the beta code, so I can see the new features first hand, check the bugs fixed, and report new bugs, if any.

I hope we could block eBAY to offer such type of "service", but if not, I hope there is a way for the serious ham users to continue to enjoy this great firmware for personal use, as it should be, and no one should be selling the firmware they obtained for free.

THANK YOU!
73 de W1CY

I am self employed, and my work commitments don't allow me any spare time to actively work on the project at the moment

Daniel continues to do some work, mainly bug fixes and internal code clean-ups, but no major new features.

I have sent test versions to a few people for them to "use", as I currently don't even have time to use the radio myself.
However we had a few bugs with some of these versions, so I'm glad that I had not made these widely available.

I expect there will be another Beta release before Christmas, but its mainly going to be bug fixes.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:59 am

After a long hiatus I have released another Development / Beta version.

See
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 0.12.20.01

Thanks to Daniel F1RMB for 99% of the work on this release, because I have been too busy with my paid / day job to have much time to write any code for the project.

The bulk of the changes are bug fixes, with only 1 very small new feature to help with satellite operation.

Please note.
This version needs completely new voice prompts

https://github.com/LibreDMR/voice-promp ... 0.12.20.01

Because we ran out of space to store the prompts and had to removed 18 unused / placeholder prompts in order to add one or two new prompts which were needed.

W1CY

Post by W1CY » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:15 am

Thanks Roger & Daniel !!!

I just uploaded the new version to my test radio and I am anxious to try it.

Happy Holidays and a Great 2021 !!!