New ongoing "Development" version has been created

VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 am

Hi Sal

Thanks for finding this.

I did not notice it becuase I use 250mW for my hotspot, because my hotspot is quite deaf and if I go into my kitchen the hotspot can't hear my GD-77 if the power is set to 50mW

I've now updated list of changes...

* Fix for maximal codeplug with all zones used (F1RMB)
* Fix for TG being announced when PTT is released when Prompt level is Voice 3 (F1RMB)
* Partial fix for Last Heard not honouring the contact lookup order specified in the Display options (F1RMB & VK3KYY)
* Fix for VFO with no TG list, so that the Contact is used, or TG 9 if no Contact is set. (VK3KYY)
* Fix for so that Channels with no TG List and no Contact use TG 9, rather than the first Contact in the Digital Contacts (VK3KYY)
* Fix for no power after reboot to a channel or VFO where the power setting was 50mW (VK3KYY)

BTW. I have also fully updated the User Guide

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... r_Guide.md

To now include the CPS band limits function, and also the Battery voltage display (or % display) option.

KB8AOB

Post by KB8AOB » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:18 am

Great Updates (2020-10-26) Really like the table of versions - THANKS!

W1CY

Post by W1CY » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:00 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:50 am
Hi Sal

Thanks for finding this.

I did not notice it becuase I use 250mW for my hotspot, because my hotspot is quite deaf and if I go into my kitchen the hotspot can't hear my GD-77 if the power is set to 50mW

I've now updated list of changes...

* Fix for maximal codeplug with all zones used (F1RMB)
* Fix for TG being announced when PTT is released when Prompt level is Voice 3 (F1RMB)
* Partial fix for Last Heard not honouring the contact lookup order specified in the Display options (F1RMB & VK3KYY)
* Fix for VFO with no TG list, so that the Contact is used, or TG 9 if no Contact is set. (VK3KYY)
* Fix for so that Channels with no TG List and no Contact use TG 9, rather than the first Contact in the Digital Contacts (VK3KYY)
* Fix for no power after reboot to a channel or VFO where the power setting was 50mW (VK3KYY)

BTW. I have also fully updated the User Guide

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... r_Guide.md

To now include the CPS band limits function, and also the Battery voltage display (or % display) option.
Thanks for the update.
Is there a way to generate a PDF file from the md components? I can print the page to PDF, but this way I would also capture all the view and not just the guide. Thanks.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:14 am

Hi,

you can grab the PDF of the user manual from the development branch
https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... _Guide.pdf

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:20 am

All the docs files should also be in the Master branch, because I copied them there, because I know most people will be looking in the Master branch

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:06 am

Hi Roger,

Yes, that's true. Thanks.
Long story short, the PDF is almost updated at the same time as the markdown version.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:07 am

I've just uploaded another Development release, which is available for download directly from Github or via the latest CPS.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.29

This version is more experimental than the previous version, because it contains the new "QuickKeys" functionality developed by Alex DL4LEX.

* Fixed bug where VFO inherited TG List from the Channel screen, if its TG List was set to None (VK3KYY)
* Fixed bugs on Tx Timeout screen (F1RMB)
* Improvements to screen redraw when changing power level (F1RMB)
* Added operator definable "QuickKeys" SK2 + NUMBER_KEY (Initial work by Alex DG4LEX. Rework and integration VK3KYY)

Important

The existing SK2 + Number key functions are no longer mapped

To re-map these or set your own mapping...

Press the Menu button (Green)
Scroll until the screen is selected e.g. Last Heard is selected
Press and hold SK2 (Blue button on the GD-77), then press and release the Number key ( 0 - 9), e.g. 3
Acknowledgement beep will play

Press Red to exit the menu

Test by pressing SK2 + the number your assigned. e.g. 3

To change an individual setting e.g. Increase brightness or to open an options screen at a specific option..

Open the screen containing the option you want to change e.g. Display Options
Scroll until the setting you can to change is selected e.g. Brightness
Press and hold SK2 (Blue) and a number key e.g. 7

The radio will display a QuickKey arrows screen.
Either - Press the Left or Right arrow key (depending on whether you want to increase or decrease this value)
OR... Press the Green button, to signify that you want the QuickKeys assignment to open this screen and select this option, But not change it.

Notes.

Because this function uses the codeplug area normally used to assign SK2 + Number key to a Digital Contact , by the official firmware, its very likely that the codeplug will have some default data, which the firmware will think is valid QuickKey's data.

I have found in this case, that normally the Channel Details screen will open if you press SK2 + number key for an assignment in your codeplug.

At the moment I don't have a solution for this, except for people to overwrite these with their own assignment if necessary.

The Channel Details screen is not fully controllable via the QuickKeys system yet, as its quite a complex screen, and I've not had time to implement the individual settings changes. (I don't think Alex implemented full control of this in his original code either)

Because the data is stored in the codeplug, it would normally be overwritten every time the codeplug is upload, so I have put in a temporary hack to prevent this.

I don't think it will ever be practical to implement a full user interface screen for this in the CPS, as it would require a duplication of every menu screen in the firmware, and this would need to be maintained every time there is a change to the firmware.

However it may be possible to perhaps have some system where the Menu Number, and Sub Item and Option (Left Right or OK) can be entered, and users would have to manually enter the numbers of the menu and the option, (perhaps)

As ever. If you have a problem with this version, use the CPS to load a previous version e.g. the Development release from 2 days ago is stable, even though it has some bugs.

BTW.

I have only tested the QuickKeys on the GD-77 and not on the DM-1801 or RD-5R.

On the RD-5R, the existing mapping of SK2 + 5 for the torch is has been retained and can't be overwritten by a manual assignment and the torch can't additionally be assigned to another key.

OM8AMV

Post by OM8AMV » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:27 am

not work remapping keys, i select channel details, press and hold SK2 and press key 1. Short beep and nothinh

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:11 am

Channel Details not fully pported yet. As I wrote in my post

Channel Details is already mapped to SK2 + Green

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:42 am

It works great .... thanks
ciao Roger
Last edited by Ik0nwg on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.