New stable version has been released

VK3KYY

New stable version has been released

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:21 am

As the development update I released last weekend does not seem to have any serious bugs in it, I have released this as a stable version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.06.27

Note.
A stable version does not mean bug free.

All versions are likely to have both known and unknown bugs.
In this case there are several known bugs, however its not practical to hold off releasing a "Stable" version until the currently know bugs are fixed, as by that time some more bugs are likely to have been discovered.

F1CXG

Re: New stable version has been released

Post by F1CXG » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 am

Thanks Roger

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:55 am

thank you

DO4CZ

Post by DO4CZ » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:04 am

Thx Roger

VK3KYY

New stable version has been released on 1st August 2020

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:59 pm

The Stable version has been updated and now has all the updates from the last unstable release

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.08.01

Those who have installed the unstable / development version recently, do not need to update as there are no changes in this version to the last unstable version.

Note.
The RD-5R version is still considered as experimental because of the various issues in this radio, mainly caused by the inferior hardware, and hence has not been included in the stable release.
RD-5R users should continue to use the unstable version.

Ik0nwg

Re: New stable version has been released on 1st August 2020

Post by Ik0nwg » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:08 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:59 pm
The Stable version has been updated and now has all the updates from the last unstable release

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.08.01

Those who have installed the unstable / development version recently, do not need to update as there are no changes in this version to the last unstable version.

Note.
The RD-5R version is still considered as experimental because of the various issues in this radio, mainly caused by the inferior hardware, and hence has not been included in the stable release.
RD-5R users should continue to use the unstable version.
thanks Roger works very well (I'm using the latest unstable version) thanks
ciao

VK3KYY

New stable version has been released - 12th September 2020

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:36 pm

12th September 2020

As there have been no new problems reported with the "Development" version in the last 2 weeks I have now released that version as the Stable version

See

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.09.12

Note.
The RD-5R version is not included in the Stable release because of various unresolved problems.
The RD-5R may never be released as a Stable version because the hardware is inferior and has various problems which may not be possible to solve by changes to the firmware.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:12 pm

30th September

I tried releasing a new stable version, but I've had multiple reports of problems, both from GD77S owners and also from people without voice prompts loaded.

The problem relates to changes I made to auto-enable voice prompts when the radio has a factory reset or a firmware settings upgrade, but it seems that I screwed up.

I've very busy with my day job, so I've withdrawn this release and I will investigate the problem and perhaps do another release at the weekend when I have more free time

W1CY

Post by W1CY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:47 am

Thanks for the new release.

I just loaded it and noticed a change. The power on beep is not played anymore when the radio has "silent" selected under the sound options->prompt

I liked the silent mode when changing channels, etc, but the feedback on the power on beep (or my CW call) is reassuring during power on, even though the sound is selected for silent mode during normal operations after the power on.

Was that change done by design?

Thanks.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:52 am

W1CY wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:47 am
Thanks for the new release.

I just loaded it and noticed a change. The power on beep is not played anymore when the radio has "silent" selected under the sound options->prompt

I liked the silent mode when changing channels, etc, but the feedback on the power on beep (or my CW call) is reassuring during power on, even though the sound is selected for silent mode during normal operations after the power on.

Was that change done by design?

Thanks.
No.

Its a mistake. Its supposed to set the radio to Beep or Voice 1 depending if the voice prompts are loaded.

I will withdraw this version until its had more testing.