New stable version has been released

W1CY

Re: New stable version has been released

Post by W1CY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 am

Thanks.

I will let you know whether I find anything else.

Eduardo.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:36 am

W1CY wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 am
Thanks.

I will let you know whether I find anything else.

Eduardo.
Thanks

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:35 am

W1CY wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:47 am
Thanks for the new release.

I just loaded it and noticed a change. The power on beep is not played anymore when the radio has "silent" selected under the sound options->prompt

I liked the silent mode when changing channels, etc, but the feedback on the power on beep (or my CW call) is reassuring during power on, even though the sound is selected for silent mode during normal operations after the power on.

Was that change done by design?

Thanks.
I've re-read your post and realised that this was actually done by design.

Setting that value to Silent, means the radio is completely silent, and the radio will not beep at all, not even startup beeps.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi,

Just to add more precisions, the "Silent" mode was previously named "None", and was introduced on May 14th in the source tree. Then the 2s duration of the boot screen, when this mode is selected, was added on the Jul 16th.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

W1CY

Post by W1CY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:41 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:35 am
W1CY wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:47 am
Thanks for the new release.

I just loaded it and noticed a change. The power on beep is not played anymore when the radio has "silent" selected under the sound options->prompt

I liked the silent mode when changing channels, etc, but the feedback on the power on beep (or my CW call) is reassuring during power on, even though the sound is selected for silent mode during normal operations after the power on.

Was that change done by design?

Thanks.
I've re-read your post and realised that this was actually done by design.

Setting that value to Silent, means the radio is completely silent, and the radio will not beep at all, not even startup beeps.
Understood. That is fine, I will then just leave the beep mode on with volume under high attenuation. I just reported it since it was a change from the latest pre-release version prior to the Sept 30th release and the stable release itself. As soon as I powered on the radio after the firmware load I noticed the change.

Low priority suggestion: A control for sound only on power on.

Thanks again Roger and team for all the effort and time to make this project the success it already is.

VK3KYY

New Stable Release - 31st Sept 2020

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:38 pm

OK.

This is my second attempt at this release because I had serious bug in the GD77S development release which no one , including me, had spotted.

The new release can be downloaded via the CPS as usual, or the files can be found here

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.10.01

Changes since the last stable release include...

* Update to Spanish language text. (EA5SW).
* Improvements to voice prompts when editing Channel details. (VK7JS).
* Fix to problem when cancelling changes to the Beep volume on the Sound Options screen. (F1RMB).
* Fix to Voice Prompts problem when entering the upper VFO scan frequency, where the word "point" was omitted, between the MHz and kHz digits. (F1RMB)
* Removal of "Normal" beep Prompt level, as this was superseded a long time ago by the "beep" level. (VK3KYY)
* Fixes to Factory reset functionality to set Prompt level to 'Voice 1' if voice prompts are loaded, or "Beep" if voice prompts are not loaded (VK3KYY)
* CPS upload of voice prompts changes Prompt level to 'Voice 1' (VK3KYY)
* Multiple changes to voice prompts, including changes to voice the squelch level and that pressing button SK1 with Prompt set to 'Voice 1' has the same function all all menu screens that already existed on the Channel and VFO mode screens. (F1RMB ,VK3KYY, & VK7JS)
* Bug fixes to VFO->New Channel (F1RMB)
* Various other bug fixes (F1RMB)
* Addition of the word "Hertz" to the voice prompt, if the latest voice prompt file is loaded (F1RMB)
* Added Contacts -> DTMF List support (by F1RMB, with bug fixes by me VK3KYY)
* Changed squelch voice prompt instant playback to level 3 for consistency with other similar functionality e.g. power level is only voiced immediately on level 3
* Added Timeslot voice prompt, with instant playback on level 3
* Added FM mode voice prompt with instant playback on level 3. DMR mode could not be added on any playback threshold, because when switching to DMR the TG is already voiced, so since TG's are only applicable to DMR channels, voiceing DMR is redundant and superfluous
* Fix inconsistent TG announcement (VK3KYY)
* Tidy up button functionality that used button "DOWN" when it should have used button SHORT_UP (F1RMB)
* Fix for GD77S problem in last development release, which prevented operation unless the radio was booted with SK2 pressed in. (VK3KYY)

Notes.
1. The RD-5R version is still considered as experimental because of the various issues in this radio, mainly caused by the inferior hardware, and hence has not been included in the stable release. RD-5R users should continue to use the unstable version.

Also.. I will no longer be updating the GitHub souce code repo with changes for the Development / Unstable version, because I'm making a large number of changes to both the firmware, CPS and codeplug format, and all of this needs to stabilise before I can consider making the source code available.

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:08 am

Bonjour et merci
meme avec trente jours ! :lol:

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:09 am

sasha555 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:03 am
30 days in September))))
aarrgggh

I'm working too hard.

I'll change it

Edit.

I"ve changed it..

Thanks.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:50 pm

The September 31st version works very well .... I also updated my calendar ...
joke ..... thanks to the whole group
ciao Roger (you work too much)
sal

OK1TE

Re: New Stable Release - 31st Sept 2020

Post by OK1TE » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:25 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:38 pm
* Added FM mode voice prompt with instant playback on level 3. DMR mode could not be added on any playback threshold, because when switching to DMR the TG is already voiced, so since TG's are only applicable to DMR channels, voiceing DMR is redundant and superfluous
Hi Roger,
In my case the channel name is voiced, not the TG. And in the VFO mode switching to DMR just beeps even with voice level 3.
I know, it's just a cosmetic thing.

Thank you