CPS Updated

VK3KYY

CPS Updated

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:52 am

I've updated the CPS to add some features to help support blind operators (mainly keyboard equivalents to things which previously required a mouse)
I've also attempted to remove unsupported items from all screens, and where complete sections are not currently supported e.g. DTMF Contacts or Text Messaging, the CPS no longer allows those screens to be accessed and instead displays a message to show those features are not currently supported.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.06.19

See the release notes for details of the key equivalents.

Note.
For technical reasons, I've not been able to change the positions of the items on any of the screens where I have removed items, hence there is now a lot of space between items on the Channel screen.

The technical reason, is that if I try to use the GUI layout tool in Visual Studio to visually move the items, Visual Studio rewrites the GUI setup code and the screens stop working, because it doesn't re-write the code correctly.
In the longer term, I will be able to modify the existing GUI initialisation code so that Visual Studio doesn't feel the need to rewrite the code, but its literally hours of work, and is not a top priority for me at the moment.

I've also not completely removed the screens which are currently unsupported, because probably in the fullness of time, things like DTMF Contacts and Text messaging should be possibly.
But these features take many hours to write, and are not likely to be supported in the near future, unless some more developers come on-board who are skilled at this sort of work.

Ik0nwg

Re: CPS Updated

Post by Ik0nwg » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:17 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:52 am
I've updated the CPS to add some features to help support blind operators (mainly keyboard equivalents to things which previously required a mouse)
I've also attempted to remove unsupported items from all screens, and where complete sections are not currently supported e.g. DTMF Contacts or Text Messaging, the CPS no longer allows those screens to be accessed and instead displays a message to show those features are not currently supported.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 2020.06.19

See the release notes for details of the key equivalents.

Note.
For technical reasons, I've not been able to change the positions of the items on any of the screens where I have removed items, hence there is now a lot of space between items on the Channel screen.

The technical reason, is that if I try to use the GUI layout tool in Visual Studio to visually move the items, Visual Studio rewrites the GUI setup code and the screens stop working, because it doesn't re-write the code correctly.
In the longer term, I will be able to modify the existing GUI initialisation code so that Visual Studio doesn't feel the need to rewrite the code, but its literally hours of work, and is not a top priority for me at the moment.

I've also not completely removed the screens which are currently unsupported, because probably in the fullness of time, things like DTMF Contacts and Text messaging should be possibly.
But these features take many hours to write, and are not likely to be supported in the near future, unless some more developers come on-board who are skilled at this sort of work.
You did a good cleaning.
Thanks Roger
Ciao

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:38 pm

thank you

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:40 pm

BTW, in case anyone else has created desktop shortcuts like me and is confused; the latest version (at some point?) is installing to a different path, so I personally kept launching the old version by accident and wondering where the language support is.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:36 pm

kt4lh wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:40 pm
BTW, in case anyone else has created desktop shortcuts like me and is confused; the latest version (at some point?) is installing to a different path, so I personally kept launching the old version by accident and wondering where the language support is.
It should me installed in the same place as before. I only changed the version number in the installer, not the path

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:12 am

FYI, on mine, the installer deletes the old shortcut and creates a new one, (after avast has done its usual) no issues here.