Last Heard screen improvements

VK3KYY

Last Heard screen improvements

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:52 am

I've uploaded a new development version

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... /D20200507

The main change is to the Last Heard screen.

It now has voice prompts, and each received station callsign or ID is now selectable and can be used to initiate a Private Call to that station.

The first line in the Last Heard screen is now highlighted, and the screen can be scrolled so that any callsign / ID in the last heard list can be selected.

Note.
I have also changed the way the Last Heard screen updates, so that it will only update in real time, with new incoming callsigns, if you do not scroll down. If you scroll down, the list does not update and re-scroll back to the top, because I found on busy TG's that it was impossible to scroll down the list to the station I wanted to select, as it was constantly getting reset back to the top.

To make a Private Call to someone in the Last Heard list, scroll down do that the callsign is highlighted, then press the Green button

The callsign should then be displayed as the Tx TG/PC, if the ID is either in the Digital Contacts or the DMRID database or in the Talker Alias data.
Note. Some received stations do not seem to contain any Talker Alias data, and in these cases the ID number is show.

This is an initial implementation of the ability to select a callsign from the Last Heard.

In future versions, selecting the Callsign will probably open a sub-menu to allow the Callsign to be added to the Digital Contacts or used directly for a Private Call.
But I have not had time to write a whole new menu for this.

FYI.
Previously, there was also a bug in the Last Heard screen which prevented it being scrolled down at all, but this has been fixed, and a maximum of 32 previously heard stations can be viewed or selected.

Ik0nwg

Re: Last Heard screen improvements

Post by Ik0nwg » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:33 am

works fine thanks ....
ciao Roger
sal

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:21 pm

thank you

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Roger
now no longer shows the TG and the relative reception time (last heard)
by pressing the blue button
ciao
sal

NA7Q

Post by NA7Q » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:36 pm

Looks like an easy fix. Just needs to have "menuLastHeardUpdateScreen(true, displayLHDetails);" added back in. Probably in accidental removal.

Code: Select all

// Toggles LH simple/details view on SK2 press
	if (BUTTONCHECK_DOWN(ev, BUTTON_SK2))
	{
		displayLHDetails = true;//!displayLHDetails;
	}
	else
	{
		displayLHDetails = false;
	}

menuLastHeardUpdateScreen(true, displayLHDetails); // <-------- Add this line to fix

if (isDirty)
	{
		bool voicePromptsWerePlaying = voicePromptIsActive;
		if (nonVolatileSettings.audioPromptMode == AUDIO_PROMPT_MODE_VOICE && voicePromptIsActive)
		{
			voicePromptsTerminate();
		}

menuLastHeardUpdateScreen(true, displayLHDetails);// This will also setup the voice prompt

if (nonVolatileSettings.audioPromptMode == AUDIO_PROMPT_MODE_VOICE && voicePromptsWerePlaying)
		{
				voicePromptsPlay();
		}
	}
	else
	{
		if (BUTTONCHECK_SHORTUP(ev, BUTTON_SK1))
		{
			if (!voicePromptIsActive)
			{
				voicePromptsPlay();
			}
			else
			{
				voicePromptsTerminate();
			}
			return;
		}
	}
}

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:57 pm

Ik0nwg wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:23 pm
Roger
now no longer shows the TG and the relative reception time (last heard)
by pressing the blue button
ciao
sal
Ok.

I will fix that.

Should be easy to fix

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:04 pm

I've now fixed the problem

BTW.

NA7Q's suggestion breaks the Voice Prompts, so a more complicated solution was required.

NA7Q

Post by NA7Q » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:12 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:04 pm
I've now fixed the problem

BTW.

NA7Q's suggestion breaks the Voice Prompts, so a more complicated solution was required.
I should have checked that, but was multitasking and juggling on some other issues for my build. It definitely does break the voice prompts in Last Heard. Otherwise they are working quite nice now! Some seriously great progress on that.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:11 am

I've just done another update, just to change the voice prompts functionality on the Last Heard screen.

The voice prompts now announce the Callsign followed by the TalkGroup and the time in Minutes.

Pressing button SK2 (Blue button on the GD-77) during voice prompt playback just terminates the playback, like pressing SK1 (Black button on the GD-77) does.

Ik0nwg

Post by Ik0nwg » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:21 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:11 am
I've just done another update, just to change the voice prompts functionality on the Last Heard screen.

The voice prompts now announce the Callsign followed by the TalkGroup and the time in Minutes.

Pressing button SK2 (Blue button on the GD-77) during voice prompt playback just terminates the playback, like pressing SK1 (Black button on the GD-77) does.
Perfect thanks