Fecskebeka

Post Reply
Fecskebeka
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Location: Hungary

Fecskebeka

Post by Fecskebeka » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Greeting

The following is also normal??
You didn't report back.
I wrote earlier.
That's why I'm bringing it up again.
-------------------------
Two radio DMR simplex, default setting. Filters "on".
The two radios communicate. Good.

On the Rx receiver, I turn off the Quick Menu, CC filter. ("off")
You can't hear the other one like that anymore.
I'm switching the CC filter back in vain. ("on")
Still can't hear.
I turn off the radio completely.
Then back. (Power on)
You can hear it now.
The CC filter is "on".


It is also related to the DMR filter.
If the DMR filter is also off. And CC filter: "off"
Then you can hear it.

When the DMR filter is on. And CC filter: "off"
I turn the radio off and on.
The first broadcast is heard and then muted.

I just looked at the old 2021 jul 11 edition. It's already malfunctioning there.


Am I doing something wrong?
We thank you all!
Zsolt
6xDM-1801. My comment is not a critique. I want to add value. And what's useful to you is also useful for me! Hearing, perseverance! Thanks for all that!

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Public Beta (2021 11 21)

Post by F1RMB » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 pm

Hi,
Fecskebeka wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:24 pm
Greeting

The following is also normal??
You didn't report back.
I wrote earlier.
That's why I'm bringing it up again.
-------------------------
Two radio DMR simplex, default setting. Filters "on".
The two radios communicate. Good.

On the Rx receiver, I turn off the Quick Menu, CC filter. ("off")
You can't hear the other one like that anymore.
I'm switching the CC filter back in vain. ("on")
Still can't hear.
I turn off the radio completely.
Then back. (Power on)
You can hear it now.
The CC filter is "on".


It is also related to the DMR filter.
If the DMR filter is also off. And CC filter: "off"
Then you can hear it.

When the DMR filter is on. And CC filter: "off"
I turn the radio off and on.
The first broadcast is heard and then muted.

I just looked at the old 2021 jul 11 edition. It's already malfunctioning there.


Am I doing something wrong?
We thank you all!
Zsolt
As it was stated multiple times, CC filter OFF is designed for discovery. Period.
Also, I'm unable to reproduce this "muted" problem, I don't see any problem with the CC filter.


73
73 de Daniel.

Fecskebeka
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Public Beta (2021 11 21)

Post by Fecskebeka » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 pm

I tried it on 3 radios, 3 do it that way.
2 radio beta (2121 11 21)
1 radio 2021 July 11, not yet updated

Do you understand what I wrote, translated? Language difficulty.
I'm making a video .. maybe I'll have time to put it up tomorrow.

73
F1RMB wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:24 pm
Hi,
As it was stated multiple times, CC filter OFF is designed for discovery. Period.
Also, I'm unable to reproduce this "muted" problem, I don't see any problem with the CC filter.


73
6xDM-1801. My comment is not a critique. I want to add value. And what's useful to you is also useful for me! Hearing, perseverance! Thanks for all that!

Fecskebeka
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Fecskebeka

Post by Fecskebeka » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:46 pm

Unfortunately, I have other bad news.
I'm getting ready for the video. I pressed more.
The Rx receiver in Beta (2021 11 21) DMR mode was restarted once. With starting music.
But the suspension was in "on" mode, and it remained so.
6xDM-1801. My comment is not a critique. I want to add value. And what's useful to you is also useful for me! Hearing, perseverance! Thanks for all that!

Fecskebeka
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Fecskebeka

Post by Fecskebeka » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:35 pm

Hi,
well it didn't become the best quality
old release version R2021071101

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bdTJGV ... sp=sharing

The beta works the same way.
I'm even making a video to see if it gets better.
73
Zs.
6xDM-1801. My comment is not a critique. I want to add value. And what's useful to you is also useful for me! Hearing, perseverance! Thanks for all that!

User avatar
F1RMB
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:42 am
Location: Grenoble, France
Contact:

Re: Fecskebeka

Post by F1RMB » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 am

Turn you DMR Filtering OFF.

For the very last time, turning CC filter OFF is not for normal usage, is for detection of unknown CC value, hence, don't try to detect something while applying constraints on top of it.
73 de Daniel.

Fecskebeka
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Fecskebeka

Post by Fecskebeka » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:57 am

Have a nice day!
Hi Daniel!


Yes I tried the DMR filter "off" mode. I know when that so works. I didn't make a long video of it.
Be as you say.
But then you shouldn't be physically able to logically just select the CC mode "off" state! Because thus the display selection logic is faulty or the DMR decoding is still faulty. People don't necessarily know your complex idea, the implementation of the program!
I trust the latter is not good yet.
Because only then can this complex parameterizable function be useful. Especially since I see that it can work for a short time, but then it doesn't.

And look at the last moment.
I turn CC mode back on "in vain."
Decoding does not work.
I have to turn the radio off and on or press PPT.

THX
73
F1RMB wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 am
Turn you DMR Filtering OFF.

For the very last time, turning CC filter OFF is not for normal usage, is for detection of unknown CC value, hence, don't try to detect something while applying constraints on top of it.
6xDM-1801. My comment is not a critique. I want to add value. And what's useful to you is also useful for me! Hearing, perseverance! Thanks for all that!

Fecskebeka
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Fecskebeka

Post by Fecskebeka » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:11 am

But I also found other error
Probably related to this.
Fn button in DMR mode during Rx reception
(Manual filter off)
On return, similarly silent. (Not always)

:(
6xDM-1801. My comment is not a critique. I want to add value. And what's useful to you is also useful for me! Hearing, perseverance! Thanks for all that!

ok1pt
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:38 am

Re: Fecskebeka

Post by ok1pt » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:58 am

Fecskebeka wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:57 am
Have a nice day!
Hi Daniel!


Yes I tried the DMR filter "off" mode. I know when that so works. I didn't make a long video of it.
Be as you say.
But then you shouldn't be physically able to logically just select the CC mode "off" state! Because thus the display selection logic is faulty or the DMR decoding is still faulty. People don't necessarily know your complex idea, the implementation of the program!
I trust the latter is not good yet.
Because only then can this complex parameterizable function be useful. Especially since I see that it can work for a short time, but then it doesn't.

And look at the last moment.
I turn CC mode back on "in vain."
Decoding does not work.
I have to turn the radio off and on or press PPT.

THX
73
F1RMB wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 am
Turn you DMR Filtering OFF.

For the very last time, turning CC filter OFF is not for normal usage, is for detection of unknown CC value, hence, don't try to detect something while applying constraints on top of it.
Hi!
To be honest, some sentences you write are a bit harder to understand. It's probably due to machine translation, but it can complicate mutual understanding a bit.
I'll try to explain it again, maybe with other words.
Let's have the following situation: During analog mode scan you start receiving a DMR signal. It's easy to recognize DMR, because simplex mode has interrupted transmissions, so you just hear a series of bursts, and the repeater/hotspot signal is continuous, but you can hear something like a typical "rhythm" of the DMR frames in the noise.
You don't know anything about this signal, but you want to hear it decoded.
So, this is the _only_ plausible case, when you want to turn the CC filtering off. Your radio starts scan the signal for all CCs (programming the chip again and again with increasing CCs cyclically and waiting, whether it will sync on the signal). Once it synces, it displays the CC on the screen, so it's time to go to channel settings, program that particular CC and turn the CC filtering back ON.
This should be done with DMR and TS filter off as well.
After you catch a real decodable signal, its parameters (TG/TS) will be displayed, so you can either configure them into the radio (you will have to do it for sure if you want to transmit back) or keep receiving with DMR and TS filters off.
However, be warned: There is a lot of professional DMR repeaters you can hear in analog, but you will never decode anything from them!
Either they are sending just data (like GPS positions of the vehicles, action codes from police/ambulance/fire brigades etc, SMS, repeater ranging signals etc). Some of them are sending so strange streams, that they can make your radio to crash (for example, listening on quick medical help repeaters crashes both my Anytone radios in time to 5 minutes). And finally, there may be a real speech signal, but encrypted, and in such case you can't hear anything as well.
So, DMR is not as easy as analog with CTCSS or DTCS..
And to program all this from scratch, controlling the chip from which you have no documentation, needs extreme skill and a lot of time! Both of them are very valuable today and to dedicate them free of any charges to the HAM community, it's really BIG very BIG gift.
So, please, don't saturate our developers with tens of bug reports. Be more patient. They have their work which they have to do to earn some money. They have their families, which need them as well. And really think not twice, but at least fourth-times, before you publish anything, which may be caused by misunderstanding the principles of the DMR mode or how to control the radio properly. I believe that there are still bugs in the code, but they don't make the software unusable, it's good to know about them, but don't make too big press for fixing them, let the devs to take a deep breaths and relax from time to time :-).
With regards / 73,
Pavel

Fecskebeka
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:36 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: Fecskebeka

Post by Fecskebeka » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:04 pm

Dear Pavel!
Sorry for the translation difficulty!
Thanks for the detailed comment!
I apologize! And one more time!
And thank you again for everyone's work!
God forbid I burden anyone!

THX
Zsolt
ok1pt wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:58 am
To be honest, ......
With regards / 73,
Pavel
6xDM-1801. My comment is not a critique. I want to add value. And what's useful to you is also useful for me! Hearing, perseverance! Thanks for all that!

Post Reply